Official VENOM Movie Thread

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Watching the credits now waiting for the second end credits scene. The plot is rushed basura and really ruins some of the occasional dope Venom stuff. The banter between Eddie and the symbiot is very dope and some of the symbiot action is cool but the story is just a nonsensical mess. It's the kind of movie where the philanthropic bad guy has access to unlimited bomb drones but apparently has no security cameras in his futuristic high tech facility to see who broke into his lab.

The rest of the movie mostly seems like an excuse for Tom Hardy to do his best Nic Cage impression.

Side-note:
Woody Harrelson looks absolutely fukking ridiculous with red hair. It's like they didn't even bother to make it look good, just gave him the cheapest bordeaux wig they could find. :mjlol:

Oh shyt! The second end credits scene is a preview of Into The Spiderverse.:ooh:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
It'll do like Suicide Squad did.... it'll defy critics and make a killing anyway

I think this will do around $500-$615M range..... and thats pretty good. Pretty good for me pretty good for you.

But the question is, will it be pretty good for THEM?

giphy.gif

I just have a feeling their measurement of success may be vastly different from us on the coli

Martha

WakandanPride

Realest Negus Alive
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Just got back from a screening. This film is straight basura brehs. Tom Hardy didnt hide af throughout this whole film.
:heh:

Shyt's entertaining in a 2000s superhero type of way though.

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I kinda hope this pulls a suicide squad

The articles from triggered bloggers saying it needed to make 2 billion to break even were :heh:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It’s not looking good. I’m still trying to remain open minded but
latest

It’s biggest problem that I can see so far is how dated it seems. Like it would have been good by early 00’s standards but in 2018? Ehh. It still may surprise me though :hubie:
There is a motorcycle chase in this movie that even if we didn't have one of the GOAT motorcycle chases this year with MI: Fallout, would still not be up to par to even 2009 action standards. Hell, in a couple of parts you can clearly see Tom Hardy's stunt double on the bike. :mjlol:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
There is a motorcycle chase in this movie that even if we didn't have one of the GOAT motorcycle chases this year with MI: Fallout, would still not be up to par to even 2009 action standards. Hell, in a couple of parts you can clearly see Tom Hardy's stunt double on the bike. :mjlol:
Not even MI 2 status?