Official We Own This City Season 1 Thread

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
Great show.
I was slightly confused as to why some flashback dates appeared as computer typing, and others were just shown on a black screen.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Forgot to add how they completely left out how dumb Jenkins and the Task Force was with that damn safe. The reason they got caught was because the house had cameras in case it was broken into, so it filmed Jenkins and crew doing EVERYTHING.

thinking about this I remember that they did for a brief second show the GTTF on security cam while trying to break open the safe

another one of those times where Simon doesn't explicitly say it but there is that small acknowledgement of that fact

LevelUp

Don't Like My Threads, Blow The Whistle
Daps
Additionally, in 2020 Wayne Jenkins went on to claim he had never taken money or planted evidence and was coerced into accepting a plea deal:

Jenkins, who pleaded guilty and is serving a 25-year sentence in federal prison, says federal prosecutors “badgered” him into entering a plea. Though he appears to admit to a long-running scheme to sell drugs he had taken off the street, Jenkins says he “never planted drugs, firearms or stole money.”

Then later that year he claimed he should be released from prison after only 4 years because he performed CPR on a fellow inmate:

Jenkins wrote that he wants to see a new law passed — which he proposes be called “Rocco’s Law,” after his cell mate — that if someone saves another life in prison that they become eligible for a sentence reduction.

The absolute delusion of Wayne Jenkins is incredible. After everything he did, everything that was exposed, he still sees himself as a good guy and a hero

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No shot. Absolutely none. I never thought JD Williams had much range as a actor, though he was good as Bodie. Just because an actor chooses to be more subtle doesn't mean they can't act. Hector showed slightly more emotion as a cop in Bosch, but he was mostly the same way.

Simon gave just enough info for Suiter's background. We know Suiter was dedicated to the job and trying to be natural police by how he solved that homicide and refused to take the money from Jenkins (and also moved away from Jenkins's crew into homicide).

I don't know whether Suiter killed himself or not. Both theories (homicide by cop or suicide) about his death make sense. I'll wait to watch the doc before I come to a conclusion.
I think JD and Jamie's range is about the same. JD even looks more like the real Suiter. :ehh:

I plan to rewatch the show. Maybe a 2nd viewing will make me appreciate Marlo's performance. But IMO he was Marlo in a suit until the ep Wayne and them got locked up. That's when he widened his eyes and they threw in the flashbacks to remind the viewers of the stakes he had in the events. In this thread I remember a comment from someone saying "I hope they don't leave out Sean Suiter's story. He was a big part of this." When that comment was made, it was about 2, 3 episodes in and I had no idea that was who Marlo was supposed to be. I don't think whoever made that comment did either. :yeshrug:

My honest opinion as a writer and actor. I don't post enough to make posts just to "go against the grain". I don't even know what the grain is up in this bih. :takedat:

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also I finally watched The Slow Hustle. Mehhhhhhhh I dunno maybe he DID kill himself. I know he was still holding his radio after he was shot. Where was his gun? I was dozing off so I may have missed that part.

I just don't see how a person got overpowered that fast, shot with their own gun, and whoever did it disappears without a trace. Sound like some black ops type shyt. In Bmore tho? IDK if we dealing with that level of professionalism out here. These young boys out here think it's skillful to wear all black to a broad daylight shooting.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Additionally, in 2020 Wayne Jenkins went on to claim he had never taken money or planted evidence and was coerced into accepting a plea deal:

Jenkins, who pleaded guilty and is serving a 25-year sentence in federal prison, says federal prosecutors “badgered” him into entering a plea. Though he appears to admit to a long-running scheme to sell drugs he had taken off the street, Jenkins says he “never planted drugs, firearms or stole money.”

Then later that year he claimed he should be released from prison after only 4 years because he performed CPR on a fellow inmate:

Jenkins wrote that he wants to see a new law passed — which he proposes be called “Rocco’s Law,” after his cell mate — that if someone saves another life in prison that they become eligible for a sentence reduction.

The absolute delusion of Wayne Jenkins is incredible. After everything he did, everything that was exposed, he still sees himself as a good guy and a hero

You can see he'll never change. Or really take responsibility. He's still the same guy in the feds. I spent a lot of time in a halfway house when I was younger, and saw a lot of guys like him, paroled, no more money, no more drugs, (until they relapsed) but still running game on any and everybody that would listen.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I'm with u here. bernthal KILLED his role in this. the only thing I hate about this series is it's only 6 episodes. I loved every episode :whew:
I would definitely have been willing to watch 2-3 of a show that followed Wayne Jenkins.

It would have been more entertaining than The Shield.

Too bad they were constrained by reality. I wanted to see more.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also I finally watched The Slow Hustle. Mehhhhhhhh I dunno maybe he DID kill himself. I know he was still holding his radio after he was shot. Where was his gun? I was dozing off so I may have missed that part.

I just don't see how a person got overpowered that fast, shot with their own gun, and whoever did it disappears without a trace. Sound like some black ops type shyt. In Bmore tho? IDK if we dealing with that level of professionalism out here. These young boys out here think it's skillful to wear all black to a broad daylight shooting.
The gun was under him.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Suiter’s lawyer was on twitter arguing with David Simon

Goofy ass shyt, any suspension of logic will do when a good conspiracy theory comes around

I even listened to a podcast with Pelecanos after the finale.

The scene where Suiter is standing behind the truck, looking around the corner at his partner and pacing back a forth was all caught on a camera so they shot it to match that.

I'm not saying I know 100%, but those seem like the actions of a man psyching himself up to kill himself and not the actions of a cop looking for a suspect he says he saw.

full

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition

Yo this dude is a true narcissist and sociopath. :russ: You have to be constantly vigilant for guys like in this in any job with the sanctioned use of force. Cops, military, bartenders, whatever.