Official WWE 2K16 Thread [gamescom gameplay footage]

Daps
ppl love to hate on warzone but it was better than no mercy and wcw vs. nwo :francis:
:birdman:
some ratings for this year

John Cena: 95, Brock Lesnar: 94, Daniel Bryan: 92, Seth Rollins: 92, Kevin Owens: 91, Sheamus: 90, Cesaro: 88, Rusev: 88, Finn Balor: 88, Sami Zayn: 87, Neville: 86, Dolph Ziggler: 86, Bad News Barrett: 86, Stardust: 86, Ryback: 86, Luke Harper: 86, Hideo Itami: 85, The Miz: 84, Damien Mizdow: 84, Sin Cara: 84, Tyson Kidd: 84, Curtis Axel: 83, Kalisto: 83, Colin Cassady: 82, Baron Corbin: 81, Enzo Amore: 80, Simon Gotch: 80, Aiden English: 80
Where Roman?

he should be a 93 just based off his Royal Rumble win, beating Daniel Bryan at a PPV, and main eventing Wrestlemania against Brock Lesnar

TL15

Veteran
Daps
From What Culture... supposedly Austin's Matches in the "Austin Mode"

The matches for WWE 2K16’s Showcase Mode are now confirmed. The list was published on the 2K forums, and it reveals that Stone Cold Steve Austin mode is going to be a comprehensive story of his entire career. The matches you’ll be playing are as follows-

vs. Pillman – Clash Of The Champions XXV
vs. Steamboat – Bash At The Beach ’94
vs. Whipwreck – November To Remember ’95
vs. Vega – WrestleMania XII or In Your House: Beware Of Dog
vs. Roberts – King Of The Ring ’96
vs. Hart – Survivor Series ’96 (Bret’s attire)
vs. Vader vs. Hart vs. Undertaker – In Your House: Final Four
vs. Hart – WrestleMania 13
vs. Rock – D-Generation X: In Your House
vs. Michaels – WrestleMania XIV
vs. Undertaker – Rock Bottom ’98
vs. McMahon – St. Valentine’s Day Massacre ’99
vs. Rock – Backlash ’99
vs. Undertaker – Fully Loaded ’99
Royal Rumble 2001
vs. Triple H – No Way Out 2001
vs. Rock – WrestleMania 17

Some of those matches are the most celebrated WWF bouts of all time, especially the Bret Hart match at WrestleMania 13. The No Way Out 2001 match with Triple H, and WrestleMania 17 match with The Rock, are also captivating classics. It will be a lot of fun to play through such memorable bouts, even more so when stipulations are involved, like the cage match with McMahon at St Valentine’s Day Massacre.

Also featured will be bouts that some fans are less familiar with, from Austin’s pre-WWF days. These will include his match with Brian Pillman in WCW at Clash Of The Champions XXV, and his match with Mikey Whipwreck at ECW’s November To Remember 1995.

WWE 2K16 will be released on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One formats on the 27th of October in North America. The international release will follow shortly afterwards, on the 30th of October. Austin is the face of this year’s game and could possibly be returning to WWE in a promotional capacity next month.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Skipped 2K15 because those first version games are pretty bland.

2K16 gives them a year to regroup and reevaluate. Add on to the foundation they started.

Off to a good start. Not expecting too much overhaul on Gameplay as I heard it was pretty good in 15.

This year is about the rosters, bringing features back, and improving what they have.

I skipped 2k15 also.
The PC version was watered down garbage.

Won't even consider purchasing a AAA game thats not on PC, and WWE is stuck in the past on consoles so they miss a ton of business.
They've missed my 50 bucks every year for the past decade by ignoring PC.
Last WWE game I bought was Raw 2 on Xbox.
:mjlol:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
:ufdup: Create a TT was one of the best things they ever put in a wrestling game, i hated how long it took to customize but when it was finished:banderas:

Exactly, that shyt really added to your CAW, I was getting creative as shyt trying to make that shyt look like real life..

From What Culture... supposedly Austin's Matches in the "Austin Mode"

The matches for WWE 2K16’s Showcase Mode are now confirmed. The list was published on the 2K forums, and it reveals that Stone Cold Steve Austin mode is going to be a comprehensive story of his entire career. The matches you’ll be playing are as follows-

vs. Pillman – Clash Of The Champions XXV
vs. Steamboat – Bash At The Beach ’94
vs. Whipwreck – November To Remember ’95
vs. Vega – WrestleMania XII or In Your House: Beware Of Dog
vs. Roberts – King Of The Ring ’96
vs. Hart – Survivor Series ’96 (Bret’s attire)
vs. Vader vs. Hart vs. Undertaker – In Your House: Final Four
vs. Hart – WrestleMania 13
vs. Rock – D-Generation X: In Your House
vs. Michaels – WrestleMania XIV
vs. Undertaker – Rock Bottom ’98
vs. McMahon – St. Valentine’s Day Massacre ’99
vs. Rock – Backlash ’99
vs. Undertaker – Fully Loaded ’99
Royal Rumble 2001
vs. Triple H – No Way Out 2001
vs. Rock – WrestleMania 17

Some of those matches are the most celebrated WWF bouts of all time, especially the Bret Hart match at WrestleMania 13. The No Way Out 2001 match with Triple H, and WrestleMania 17 match with The Rock, are also captivating classics. It will be a lot of fun to play through such memorable bouts, even more so when stipulations are involved, like the cage match with McMahon at St Valentine’s Day Massacre.

Also featured will be bouts that some fans are less familiar with, from Austin’s pre-WWF days. These will include his match with Brian Pillman in WCW at Clash Of The Champions XXV, and his match with Mikey Whipwreck at ECW’s November To Remember 1995.

WWE 2K16 will be released on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One formats on the 27th of October in North America. The international release will follow shortly afterwards, on the 30th of October. Austin is the face of this year’s game and could possibly be returning to WWE in a promotional capacity next month.

Nice to see them acknowledging his pre wwe days, you know how they like to overlook their former competition from 20 years ago.. Just think not only 2 years ago this would be the only new mode in the game, not this is pretty much an afterthought. Shout out to 2k for actually making improvements that matter. So has there been any details on the universe mode, is Create a storyline still in? those modes kept me playing for months after relese

I skipped 2k15 also.
The PC version was watered down garbage.

Won't even consider purchasing a AAA game thats not on PC, and WWE is stuck in the past on consoles so they miss a ton of business.
They've missed my 50 bucks every year for the past decade by ignoring PC.
Last WWE game I bought was Raw 2 on Xbox.

:mjlol:
They know the mods will make them look stupid, they know that they cant or don't want to write a create a story as good as what a modder will do on pc, they know that they wouldn't be able to sell you corny DLC like random wrestlers like renee young or corey graves if they let pc modders get ahold of it.. Can you imagine the roster if you had the freedom to pretty much remake the game how you wanted or just how good simple shyt like hair would look.. If you could include all the shyt politics and pettiness wont allow to be in the game.. I think that's why rockstar waited so long to release their games on pc, they wanted to make sure everybody was done playing it so most wouldn't see all the shyt that would get added.

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
They know the mods will make them look stupid, they know that they cant or don't want to write a create a story as good as what a modder will do on pc, they know that they wouldn't be able to sell you corny DLC like random wrestlers like renee young or corey graves if they let pc modders get ahold of it.. Can you imagine the roster if you had the freedom to pretty much remake the game how you wanted or just how good simple shyt like hair would look.. If you could include all the shyt politics and pettiness wont allow to be in the game.. I think that's why rockstar waited so long to release their games on pc, they wanted to make sure everybody was done playing it so most wouldn't see all the shyt that would get added.

This is true. I basically just ignored GTA V til it was put on PC.
If a game has a staggered release I consider everything before the PC version a beta.:beli:

Thats why its shameful when games like WWE 2k15 or Arkham Knight have poor PC versions. :scust:
Its the modern day equivilent of a video company focusing on the VHS version and screwing up the BluRay.

Rayzah

Daps
This is true. I basically just ignored GTA V til it was put on PC.
If a game has a staggered release I consider everything before the PC version a beta.:beli:

Thats why its shameful when games like WWE 2k15 or Arkham Knight have poor PC versions. :scust:
Its the modern day equivilent of a video company focusing on the VHS version and screwing up the BluRay.
I am by no means a Pc master race guy, I just know some games will always be better on Pc, Like any western RPG or open world games, the potential is unlimited with what can be done.. Batman ehh. not so much because it doesn't really need any mods I felt like they did a good job of letting you be batman

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I am by no means a Pc master race guy, I just know some games will always be better on Pc, Like any western RPG or open world games, the potential is unlimited with what can be done.. Batman ehh. not so much because it doesn't really need any mods I felt like they did a good job of letting you be batman

Yeah, I'm not a PC master race shill... For me its simply a technology issue.:yeshrug:

If companies intentionally avoid the best hardware out, they are ensuring they don't put forth the best possible product.

Like, there was a point back when the Genesis & SNES was out that the same title on would be different on each system based on the strengths of the system. If one cartridge could hold 14 levels, and the other 12... one system would have 2 additional levels, or higher quality soundtrack, or better colors, more moves, etc.

Nowadays the game would be released in parity... meaning all versions will only have 12 levels. :comeon: They could fit two more in, but nope.
So not aiming for the strongest system from the start creates an environment of watered down games overall.

For exmple, the PS2 being the target system in its era is the reason you as the consumer ended up with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games and Fantastic Four games that were 2 players instead of 4-players.

4 turtles...
4 superheros...
X-Box/Gamecube has 4 controller ports inherently... but streamlining everything to match the deficiencies of the least common denominator (the PS2) resulted in making games that should clearly be 4 players into 2-player games.

Just an example. :manny:

Today we get watered down framerate, graphics, customizing/modding abilities, simply cause they don't focus on the best hardware. Right now they are focusing on the PS4. Its like ppl focusing on DVD still when we have BluRay now.
:wow:

Rayzah

Daps
Yeah, I'm not a PC master race shill... For me its simply a technology issue.:yeshrug:

If companies intentionally avoid the best hardware out, they are ensuring they don't put forth the best possible product.

Like, there was a point back when the Genesis & SNES was out that the same title on would be different on each system based on the strengths of the system. If one cartridge could hold 14 levels, and the other 12... one system would have 2 additional levels, or higher quality soundtrack, or better colors, more moves, etc.

Nowadays the game would be released in parity... meaning all versions will only have 12 levels. :comeon: They could fit two more in, but nope.
So not aiming for the strongest system from the start creates an environment of watered down games overall.

For exmple, the PS2 being the target system in its era is the reason you as the consumer ended up with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games and Fantastic Four games that were 2 players instead of 4-players.

4 turtles...
4 superheros...
X-Box/Gamecube has 4 controller ports inherently... but streamlining everything to match the deficiencies of the least common denominator (the PS2) resulted in making games that should clearly be 4 players into 2-player games.

Just an example. :manny:

Today we get watered down framerate, graphics, customizing/modding abilities, simply cause they don't focus on the best hardware. Right now they are focusing on the PS4. Its like ppl focusing on DVD still when we have BluRay now.
:wow:
I agree, But at the same time that is a slippery slope tho cuz developers could just start holding back on one system and say this feature will only work on xbox which could be bullshyt..
developers don't want to lose money by leaving out an entire fan base cause they chose one system over the other But I do agree it would be nice to see a difference between the two consoles again, and to feel like you need to have both to get the full experience of all games..

It seems to me that PC gamers tend to only like FPS or strategy games tho, so I wouldn't go out my way to make a game for that system knowing it wont sell, I could be wrong tho. Every person I have ever talked to that plays PC games tend to spend most of their time playing strategy games or something like LOL or warcraft I don't know what you call that genre

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I don't understand how this is is impressive.
:jbhmm:
Or maybe it is impressive and I'm in the minority or something...
but you could switch between 4 costumes over identical animations way back in Wrestlemania 2000 / No Mercy on n64.

:martin:
But you couldn't have different movesets with those alternate attires or alternate entrances as well, look at the NBA 2k games with Jordan and see how each Jordan plays/looks different.
I don't think the majority really give a shyt about PC which is why they half assed it last year and will do it again this year, they know PC gaming is really a thing of the past and the majority are all about consoles. All the mods they made for WWE 2k15 and it still sold like shyt, hell the only reason people download those No Mercy mods is because it's free. If they charged $10 for it no one would buy it and claim that the gameplay is slow and boring.