One meal a day diet.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
It made me look dumb. I made a joke and it backfired, okay. With that said, what I originally posted about losing and gaining weight is correct. I know what I’m talking about. What you posted isn’t correct. You don’t know what you’re talking about. Let’s both carry on.

Well that's the thing. I said it "may not" be totally true and provided parameters around that statement. I never said what I posted was correct. I merely raised an interesting study.

I never claimed to be correct or that the research was 100%. So you can try to spin this to make yourself look a little better but what's the point?

You made a dumb joke let's just leave it there.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
That may not be totally true. There are studies that eating in smaller windows has some overall health benefits but most people run a version of IF that negates them.
i've read some stuff about hormone regulation blah blah blah....but these edge cases for whom these eating plans are truly beneficial (ie keto for those with insulin sensitivity) aren't the majority of practitioners.

as someone who has done probably every type of diet - no carb, WW, 5:2 (didn't even know i was doing that), calorie counting, 3 square meals/no sacks, etc. my best results (15lbs/4wks) have come from a variety of them...there is no magic in any of them. if you're simply caring about weight loss, the if it's easy for you to stick to and you're eating at a deficit >>>> how/when/comp of food you eat.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
i've read some stuff about hormone regulation blah blah blah....but these edge cases for whom these eating plans are truly beneficial (ie keto for those with insulin sensitivity) aren't the majority of practitioners.

as someone who has done probably every type of diet - no carb, WW, 5:2 (didn't even know i was doing that), calorie counting, 3 square meals/no sacks, etc. my best results (15lbs/4wks) have come from a variety of them...there is no magic in any of them. if you're simply caring about weight loss, the if it's easy for you to stick to and you're eating at a deficit >>>> how/when/comp of food you eat.
I know what you are referring to but this is a little different. Its (as I understand it) less about "diet" and more about traditional or non-traditional eating patterns. The stuff by Dr. Panda isn't even about calorie restriction.

100% agreed that relative to weight loss there isn't a magical solution and the thing you can adhere to calorie restriction wise is the best path.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Honestly... I think this is the only way. If you want drastic results you gotta do something drastic. One meal a day followed by soup or salad in the evening to hold me over with the cravings/hunger.

Last edited: