Tailored fit

Loose fit for certain niches

But that OD baggy shyt was too much

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang
We all know that nothing lasts forever and that trends come and go. What is cool and trendy today may or may not be cool in 5-10 years. But with all that said there is one thing that I will focus on that made baggy not cool to wear anymore for a lot if people and that is: oldheads wearing them. According to various websites as well as Wikipedia, baggy Jean's became popular sometime around the late 80's or the early 90's,l. During that time baggy Jean's were a form of expression and rebellion for a generation of black teenagers and 20 something's . But by the mid 90's because of the rise in popularity of hiphop baggy Jean's became popular with white suburban kids , skateboarders and other groups of people. By the time the 2000's came around everyone was wearing baggy jeans(not everyone but you know what I mean) and that includes people in their 30's and sometimes 40's. You had people who had worn baggy Jean's since high school or even middle school who didn't want to give up wearing baggy Jean's because to them baggy Jean's were a sign that they were still young and hip. You oldheads who wanted to be seen hip ansd trendy rocking baggy Jean's as well.Because of this by the mid 2000's baggy jeans were not as cool to wear as they once were.I mean you still had a lot of people still rocking baggy eas but the novelty had worn off by then. There was also the stigma with some blacks that wearing baggy Jean's as well as hiphop clothing brands that people would stereotype them as being gangsta's. So by the late 2000's baggy jeans had pretty much been replaced by skinny jeans. But I think the same thing's that killed off the baggy Jean era will kill the skinny Jean's off.

a9c.png

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Its crazy to think dipset/skull gang jimjones is the ones that ushered in skinny jeans :ohhh:
Jim didn’t wear skinny he wore boot cut and his t-shirts were more fitted but he didn’t wear skinny jeans

By today’s standards the jeans that Jim wore would be considered baggy and that’s how we wore them in NY into the early 2010’s
jimjones-seth-11870743-600.jpg

A$AP Mob was wearing skinny jeans before that became the dominant style. And like I said the lite feet era in NY also led to skinny and more fitted jeans.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Nikkas didn’t start wearing really fitted and skinny jeans until like 2014

Once joggers and Nike Tech suits became popular and more upscale designer jeans became the preference and basketball sneakers lost popularity to lifestyles and runners that’s when the shift really happened

We was not wearing no fitted jeans like that in the early 2010’s it just wasn’t the triple XL from the early 2000’s

shyt didn’t go from baggy to skinny it was a gradual slimming down to what we have today

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
They weren't as popular as Wayne at the time so he gets the credit...
Wayne got that shyt from Jimmy/Juelz

The rockstar look, the boot cut jeans, the BB Simon belts

A lot of the Southern rappers pay homage to Jimmy. He taught y’all “drip” :mjgrin:

Gunna, Lucci and em look it up :mjgrin:

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
I never went the af1/dunks route either.
as a matter of fact i wouldnt rock jordans
if jordan didnt play in them and put up numbers.
all i wore and wear today is black and bred,royal,shadow1's
cement 3's and 11's and 12's.
i'm a snob about kicks.

I keep a pair of black chucks with black laces
and coke white shell toes for the culture.
:ehh:

wat6rr.jpg

Same here...if MJ didn’t rock them I didn’t fukk with them.

I hate all these whack ass Jordan’s they make now, it’s a tragedy.

What kills me is how Brand Jordan seen all the sneaker-heads giving the popular classics names, so they started incorporating that into the sneakers. Now every pair has some insignificant ass name to make them seem rare or special. It’s cringy as fukk.

Kids be really thinking them nasty ass Jordan’s are something special.

The only J’s that aren’t black/red to get a pass is Royals, True Blues, Militaries, Laneys, Aquas, Concords, Space Jams and Obsidians...and I’ll throw the Carolina IX’s in there too.

SATAN

Eve was a thot.
Daps
Reppin
HELL
I wore them because they were comfortable. Especially a well worn-in pair.

As a big butt breh (:dame:) I prefer not to even bother with jeans these days.

I got Adidas sweatpants in all colors tho

Homey the clown

Homey don't play that
Daps
Reppin
Unknown
Everyone keeps saying Dipset made baggy Jean's popular, but where I'm from other then maybe Juelz Santana no one gave a flying fukk about Dipset.G Unit had way more influence on style then Dipset ever had in my city. And I don't care if nikkas was rocking skinny jesns in 2005 in New York because were I'm from baggy Jean's were still in style until around 2009. And who the fukk are the New Boyz? Just a one hit wonder.