One of the biggest things that killed the baggy Jean's era

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
Hell no :mjtf:

That nikka was dressing baggy as fukk still in 07, 08 when shyt was slimming down a bit :russ:
a0a1a0a83de4ee56f4f3712f58e3892c.jpg

article-blackhistorymonth-fashion-0206.jpg
7eXsdiL.gif

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The skinny jean death of baggy era came with the Dipset rockstar movement plus the kanye slim jeans and button down polo movement of the mid 2ks. Anything else is simply misinformation. I watched this unfold as it actually happened lol

I never forget What unfolded back from 04 to 06. When longtime hood dudes that went from looking like Beanie Sigel to looking like Stack Bundles, it was hilarious to see the reactions

"Oh, you cant bust no guns with them women jeans"

"Them jeans look gay as he'll. Why TF you copy Euro rockstar fashion?"

"fukk all that, ima rock these baggy clothes till the casket drop" :old: :flabbynsick:

But Even a few years after that, those same dudes started wearing Ed Hardy jeans and V Neck shirts. The same time, urban clothing stores purposelly stopped selling baggy clothes.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
In NY it changed when Jim Jones and Juelz started wearing the boot cut True Religions

Also the Get Lite era had kids wearing colorful skinny’s easier to dance in the more fitted clothing

shyt just got slimmer and slimmer from the late 2000’s onwards
Yea Dipset and Kanye were the main influences in Jersey.

Brehs started to come to school wearing more dressy shyt, slim slack and jeans.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
U must have been in a coma around the time Jim dropped Ballin and Wayne around Carter 3 era.. shyt got slim around 07-08 cuz of the rocker look wit tha skull belts and chains and shyt...

Fully depends on where u live. Some places like Oklahoma sitll aint get the memo.. a decade later

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
damn yall shytted on your mans lol. i actually find the topic quite fascinating and i ain't really tripping off the wall of text either..

but could nikkas please stop attributing slimmer jeans to goddamn jim jones? have yall caught amnesia or something? granted son started wearing form fitting shirts which at the time was hella revolutionary but the jeans were still baggy as fukk on the bottom. so who was really the plug for the fitted jeans that eventually became skinnys? mainstream level, look no further than your mans pharrell (nope not yeezy, he followed pharell and somehow got all the credit). pharrell the gawd's shirts and pants were kinda tight as far back as 2001 but right around '04-'05 he said fukk it and went full skinny

grassroots level? on the east coast it was dancehall reggae nikkas and on the west coast it was jerkers. it caught on with ya mans weezy in '08 by the time he dropped a milli (noticeably smaller pants in the video than carter 2 cover but not quite yet skinny like no ceilings tunechi & beyond). shout out to lil b too for pushing the tiny pants movement during his thank you based god run that furthered the cause

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Idk why y'all keep saying Wayne. That nikka was still wearing baggy shyt in 09.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
In LA it was late 00s nikkas started getting off the baggy shyt. I was rocking slim fit APCs back then and nikkas was rocking skinny colorful skinnys cuz of the jerk movement. I had some skinny’s from Uniqlo but they were too tight and just stuck with slim fit. You were getting clowned if u still rocked super baggy jeans by then