Ongoing: Harvard President Claudine Gay being attacked by Murricans, Charlatan Harvard Alum House Rep Stefanik

voiture

All Star
Daps
Israel took those people land and has been killing Palestinians since directly after WWII. So you are full of shyt.
Israel whipped ass in wars and gained those lands. No country gives back land conquered through war....If the Arabs want it back they can start another war.
They will be handed another humiliation and most of the dictators and theocrats won't even survive when the bodies start coming home...which is why all they do is run their mouths and work through proxies like Hezbollah, Houthies and Hamas. They wouldn't dare declare war on Israel

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
standing up for something isn't always easy. yes they are bullies and for far too long they used money to control situations and people got used to taking their money and shutting up. now come the consequences.

it's gonna be tough but this is what it takes to break the cycle. sacrifice.... donors can be replaced eventually.

voiture

All Star
Daps
Harvard has a $50 billion dollar endowment. The interest off that is more than Kansas City’s annual budget. They don’t need blood money.

EDIT: Penn State has $6 billion in investments
You seem to have solved the money problem of these private universities and how they spend their money :mjlol:

Even billionaires don't stop making money let alone asking private universities that rely on donations to stop taking them. I give up with you....you won the argument. Move on.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Israel whipped ass in wars and gained those lands. No country gives back land conquered through war....If the Arabs want it back they can start another war.
They will be handed another humiliation and most of the dictators and theocrats won't even survive when the bodies start coming home...which is why all they do is run their mouths and work through proxies like Hezbollah, Houthies and Hamas. They wouldn't dare declare war on Israel
You sound like one of the White people that invaded and stole land from the Zulus in South Africa a little over 100 years and then imposed a system of apartheid over the people that they stole the land from. Duly noted :mjpls:

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

Israel was formed by the British government in Ottoman controlled Palestine. It served many purposes. Europeans are the ones who killed and expelled jews then resettled them out of Europe in a land their former rivals controlled. It was a satelite state in enemy region, it also awarded Brits the support of jews. nothing was done for pure good or out of kindness. politics strategy all at play. Israel was aided to exist and throw a wrench in that region. Arabs know who backs Israel and why. They been a proxy for regional conflicts and rewarded for it. Your narrative leaves a lot out. Same countries that tell others who can and can't have nukes let Israel hold those same weapons in that same region.

I dunno bout this fantastical tale of whooping ass. they been carried most their existence.

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
And who is going to replace that lost millions that keeps the school running? Tax payers? You do know most of these Ivy League schools are private institutions?

I don't want my taxes to be increased to support them...unless you are willing to put up the millions, this will be the order of the day. Deal with it.
While $100M is a huge action-inducing amount, Penn's endowment is $21B and is not in danger of not being kept "running."

For added context, it seems this specific donor has now twice rescinded or redirected $100M valued donation from Penn (total of $200M).

Re: Ross L. Stevens - Stone Ridge Holdings Group LP Wendy S. White Senior Vice President & General Counsel University of Pennsylvania & Penn Medicine: 2929 Walnut Street, Suite 400 Philadelphia, PA 19104-5099 wendy white@oge.upenn edu

Dear Ms. White
‘We write on behalf of our client, Stone Ridge Holdings Group LP (‘Stone Ridge), regarding Stone Ridge units (Units) (now valued at approximately $100 millon) donated by Ross L. Stevens (W91) to the University of Pennsylvania (the “Universit’) to fund the Stevens Center for Innovation in Finance. As a holder of Stone Ridge Unit, the University is bound by and must comply with the terms of Stone Ridge’s limited partner agreement ‘LP Agreement’). Under that Agreement, Stone Ridge has the abilty, in its sole discretion, o rire the Units of a mited partner that has engaged in conduct constituting “Limited Partner Cause.” (LP Agreement§ 10.12.) The LP Agreementdefines “Limited Partner Cause” broadly to include, as relevant here, violations (by the imited partner) of lawsorrules applicable o Stone Ridge that are ‘material injuriousto [Stone Ridge's] business, reputation, character or standing.” (1d. § 2.1.) Among the rues applicable to Stone Ridge are ts own anti-iscrimination and antrharassment policies and the faws of New York tate that prohibit workplace discrimination and harassment. For example, Stone Ridge strict prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment based on, among other things, religion. “This prohibition applies to physical conduct, verbal conduct (including taunting. jokes, threats, epithets, derogatory comments or slurs based on an individual's protected status): and visual andor witien conduct {including derogatory posters. photographs, calendars, cartoons, drawings, websites, email, text messages or gestures based on an indvidual's protected status). These policies, among others, were enacted by Stone Ridge to ensure a safe and respectful environment or its employees. Mr. Stevens and Stone Ridge are appalled by the University's stance on antisemitism on campus. Its permissive approach to hate speech caling for violence against Jews and laissez faire attitude toward harassment and discrimination against Jewish students would violate any policies of rules that prohibit harassment and discrimination based on religion, including those of Stone Ridge. President Magil's December6, 2023 post on X admittedas much, when she belatedly acknowledged—only after her Congressional testimony went viral and demands for her termination amplificd—that calls for genocide of the Jewish people constitute harassment and discrimination. In ight of the foregoing, Stone Ridge has reason to believe that the University's actions (or lack thereof) consiitte “Limited Partner Cause” under Section 10.12ofthe LP Agreement, which gives Stone Ridge the ability, in its sole discretion, to retire the University's Units.

Mr. Stevens and Stone Ridge would welcome the opportunity to discuss this matter further and give the University a chance to remedy what Stone Ridge believes are likely violations of the LP Agreement f, and when, there is a new University President in place. Until then, there can be no meaningful discussion about remedying the University's ongoing failure to honor is obligations. Very Truly Yours, ih Neil Barr Dana M. Seshens.

cc: M. Elizabeth Magill, President, University of Pennsylvania Scott L. Bok, Chair of the Board of Trustees

In the first instance, he donated the gift to UChicago instead, excerpt below:
  • According to the New York Times, Stevens "changed his mind because he thought the school was prioritizing D.E.I. over enhancing the business school's academic excellence."

Who Decides Penn’s Future: Donors or the University?​

Some alumni want the president to resign. They are angry about a Palestinian conference and Penn’s response to the Hamas attacks — as well as D.E.I. and transgender rights.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
"Cancel Culture" is literally a term that racist whites coined to complain about their racist actions holding them accountable.

Any Black person using that term a fukking dummy! :scust:
Dude's whole post reads like something from a ws forum.

These types of threads always bring them out in numbers. I love it because I get to add a few more folks to the ignore list. Place is becoming a cesspool.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
You been here for a long time. I didn't know zionist infiltrators played such a long game. Impressive.
I didn't know terrorist sympathizers were this tenacious.​
Too bad you can't show a single ounce of proof of those claims.

Hell, the very kidnapping victims you speak of said otherwise.
Unfortunately, for you, the terrorists' own videos of October 7 show otherwise in graphic detail.​

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La

To be clear, I'm not at all about "shutting Black people up" or us "knowing our place."

But the world is the world, reality is we are far from free, and certainly have more than enough of our own active ongoing erasures to contend with.

The fact that so many of them feel so comfy (Michael Rappaport, that hardass stone-faced looking actress or whatever) even mentioning us specifically as some weird callout is alarming.

Pick your battles, don't crash out over literally not your conflict/issue, so on and so forth.

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I watched a few excerpts of President Gay (Harvard) and President Magill( Penn)'s testimony during the hearing, specifically Rep Stefanik's way of speaking to them and the tone, words, etc, after she received their responses- I'm very very grateful i'm not in a public position/that kind of level. I don't have it in me to be civil being spoken to in that fashion.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
Say what the fukk you want, when I hear "from the river to the sea" I hear genocide. Israel is not going anywhere so that implies 'from the river to sea' means Jews will have to be eliminated to make that possible. That is a genocide and a call to violence.

maybe they read the bible, become more christ-like and give the land back.

:hubie:

i wonder what jesus thinks of all of this :patrice:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
These institutions have been operating and doing fine work for years before this. I hope whoever they put in charge doesn't compromise education quality. We saw what happened to Texas and the like.

That's what I hate about it the most, last year those people were seen as objectively the best candidates chosen through a democratic process now they're being ousted by a small group of people going overboard.

Last edited: