Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
washers+face+when+_c3bd8b19c8556484af4474144cc1734d.gif

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Come on man this is negligible and you know it, I'm a PS4 fan but I'm not blind. These machines are the same, as its constituted right now.
So Xbone's GPU being 1.2 Tflops compared ot PS4's 1.8Tflops and faster GDDR5 RAM is negligible? Even though you're paying $100 more for inferior hardware, it doesn't matter?:snoop:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I think these parts are interesting...

As it stands, both next-gen consoles will launch with 8GB of unified memory, but with a significantly diminished amount actually available to games developers. However, a big area of difference between Sony and Microsoft's approaches to OS allocation could come in their future plans for the reserved RAM. A Microsoft insider tells us that the engineers behind the Xbox One specifically chose 3GB in order to allow the background platform to evolve over a ten-year life-cycle - it's very hard to add features if the pool of available RAM is reduced from its initial level. The reserved RAM allocation there is set in stone, and is unlikely to change.

However, sources close to Sony suggest that the PS4 approach is perhaps more flexible - the current allocation in terms of both CPU cores and memory could be reduced once the operating system is complete and then streamlined. In short, while there is no guarantee of change in the future, Sony is at least leaving the door open to the opportunity and the R&D team has experience in reducing the OS footprint - just as it did on PlayStation 3.

Seems like there MIGHT be a chance for more ram to be allocated for game development in the future. Who knows.

-DMP-

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
So Xbone's GPU being 1.2 Tflops compared ot PS4's 1.8Tflops and faster GDDR5 RAM is negligible? Even though you're paying $100 more for inferior hardware, it doesn't matter?:snoop:
You can hold onto those theoretical #'s if you want to. We want see that on screen anytime soon. I don't care how many lebron flops they are apart theoretically in reality they are closer.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony talking about and I'm paraphrasing Adam Boye(sp) A developer told us unless we have 8GB you are dead. Cerny we listened to developers and they wanted xyz. So these fukkers added and additional 4GB of ram only to use .512 for developers, what kind of since does that make.
wrong wrong wrong. Where the heck do you see devs saying they only have access to .512 MB ram? Some of you cats are just looking at simple numbers and jumping to conclusions. Same cats that'll think a 3.0GHZ AMD CPU is the same as a 3.0GHZ Intel CPU.

"Oh, that GTX 670 has 2GB of ram?? :childplease: I can get this Radeon 7770 with 2GB of ram same thing."

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

:umad:

Yes it's negligable. They have different ram set ups that accomplish the same goals performace wise.

And the difference in tflops is not enough to make an impact on graphics.

Ryse and Forza prove this fact. If ps4 is so much more powerful then why don't they have any games that look/perform better

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You can hold onto those theoretical #'s if you want to. We want see that on screen anytime soon. I don't care how many lebron flops they are apart theoretically in reality they are closer.
How you know what we won't see??
Breh I'm going by past consoles. PS3 and 360 were "theoretically" close yet PS3 exclusives blew 360 exclusives away graphically despite them being close right??

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How you know what we won't see??
Breh I'm going by past consoles. PS3 and 360 were "theoretically" close yet PS3 exclusives blew 360 exclusives away graphically despite them being close right??
No they did not. That's a fanboy fact. In realty the games were very close. Crysis 2 on Xbox was the most beautiful game this gen in my and plenty others opinions

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:umad:

Yes it's negligable. They have different ram set ups that accomplish the same goals performace wise.

And the difference in tflops is not enough to make an impact on graphics.

Ryse and Forza prove this fact. If ps4 is so much more powerful then why don't they have any games that look/perform better
Ryse and Forza prove this??

Ryse did not look better than the Quantic Dream real time demo and Forza? :laff:

That game isn't even finished and will come half assed. No weather cycle nor night time driving which a PS3 game can do AKA GT6.

You're comparing Apples and Broccoli here. How can you compare any of the games since most of them were so different. Only Drive Club was comparable and that game was pre alpha 35% done. Infamous Second Son and Killzone Shadow Fall wants to speak to you.

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
wrong wrong wrong. Where the heck do you see devs saying they only have access to .512 MB ram? Some of you cats are just looking at simple numbers and jumping to conclusions. Same cats that'll think a 3.0GHZ AMD CPU is the same as a 3.0GHZ Intel CPU.

"Oh, that GTX 670 has 2GB of ram?? :childplease: I can get this Radeon 7770 with 2GB of ram same thing."
From the Article.

Sony's internal docs say that 4.5GB is the baseline amount of guaranteed memory available for game-makers
(note the memory usage of the Killzone: Shadow Fall demo) and most likely what the lion's share of launch titles will be using. However, other sources close to Sony indicate that developers can request up to an additional gigabyte of "flexible memory", and use it to boost elements of the game - but only if the background OS can spare it. We're told that incorporating this isn't trivial, and it may well be that to begin with only first-party developers target its usage.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No they did not. That's a fanboy fact. In realty the games were very close. Crysis 2 on Xbox was the most beautiful game this gen in my and plenty others opinions
You can say that until you turn blue, Killzone 3 looked and performed better than Crysis 2 stop it.

Head2Head: Killzone 3 vs. Crysis 2 Analysis, the new graphics king is?

Although Crysis 2 looks fantastic on both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, the graphics crown still belongs to Guerrilla’s Killzone 3. Not only does Killzone 3 look graphically better, the performance its more stable throughout. That being said, with serious graphical contenders on the horizon such as Battlefield 3 and RAGE, how long can Killzone 3 hold on to the title? We’ll just have to wait and see!
Lens of Truth is more credible than your opinion.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Ryse and Forza prove this??

Ryse did not look better than the Quantic Dream real time demo and Forza? :laff:

That game isn't even finished and will come half assed. No weather cycle nor night time driving which a PS3 game can do AKA GT6.

You're comparing Apples and Broccoli here. How can you compare any of the games since most of them were so different. Only Drive Club was comparable and that game was pre alpha 35% done. Infamous Second Son and Killzone Shadow Fall wants to speak to you.

Bunch of excuses here. Impressions from the show are that Ryse and Forza were the two most technicaly impressive games on display. All this other shyt your being up just shows how :mad: you are

Courtstradamous said:
PS4 where lying is manditory

:dead:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
From the Article.

Sony's internal docs say that 4.5GB is the baseline amount of guaranteed memory available for game-makers
(note the memory usage of the Killzone: Shadow Fall demo) and most likely what the lion's share of launch titles will be using. However, other sources close to Sony indicate that developers can request up to an additional gigabyte of "flexible memory", and use it to boost elements of the game - but only if the background OS can spare it. We're told that incorporating this isn't trivial, and it may well be that to begin with only first-party developers target its usage.
What is this?? You said .512 MB ram and you're showing me a link that says 4.5GB with an additional 1GB flexible memory. I'd rather take that than slower DDR3 RAM. If you were building a PC today, would you purposely get a regular sata Hard drive or a SSD hard drive if their price was the same?