Oprah is hinting at POTUS run in 2020

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
^this. Give me a lifelong politician not a damn business person.

Wouldn't even mind a business person if it were someone like Elon Musk whose accomplishments in their line of work lend themselves to human advancement and development. But he wasn't born here so that's out of the question, and I doubt someone like that would want the job in the first place. They're better off serving in an advisory capacity.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Wouldn't even mind a business person if it were someone like Elon Musk whose accomplishments in their line of work lend themselves to human advancement and development. But he wasn't born here so that's out of the question, and I doubt someone like that would want the job in the first place. They're better off serving in an advisory capacity.

Whole other topic but Musk is overrated as all hell

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I'm not thrilled about another non-politician (and I don't think she's going to run), but I tend to think another non-politician is the only option for 2020. If I'm a rising start in the Democratic Party there's no way in hell I run against Trump. It's not necessarily that I'd be afraid of losing, but that campaign is going to go to such a low-down, shameful place that anyone who involves them self will have a hard to recovering, imo. Especially an establishment politician.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
What are Oprah's political positions? Does she even have any positions whatsoever?

shyt is pathetic lol.

Mehdi Hasan: Oprah Winfrey for President: Have We All Gone Bonkers?

To be clear: I am not saying that Oprah can’t, or won’t, be president. Predictions are for fools, and Trump has proved that anything is possible.

Oprah’s supporters — rightly — might point to her strong record on standing up to racism and misogyny, not to mention her inspirational oratory and backstory. Her record on Iraq is better than Clinton’s; she once even hosted a show on universal health care with Michael Moore. It might also seem like an act of divine justice if Trump, hero to white nationalists and neo-Nazis, was replaced by a strong black woman.

Oprah’s critics — also rightly — might point to her fronting for global corporations and her role as “one of the world’s best neoliberal capitalist thinkers.” They might ask: What is Oprah’s position on drone strikes in Pakistan? On supporting the Saudi war in Yemen? On cap and trade? Single-payer? Tax reform? Does she have a plan for Middle East peace? Could a person who once seemed surprised that Indian people still “eat with their hands” really defuse a nuclear crisis on the Indian subcontinent?

But we have to go beyond the pros and cons of an Oprah presidency — I can’t believe I just typed that line — and consider some broader questions: How much damage is U.S. celebrity culture doing to U.S. politics? Why don’t ideologies, or even ideas, seem to matter anymore? Shouldn’t progressives be making the case for the virtues of government and collective action and, therefore, the importance of electing people of ability, experience, and expertise to high office? Shouldn’t they be arguing that billionaire TV stars have no business running for the most powerful job on planet Earth, regardless of whether they are an orange man called Trump or a black woman called Oprah?

Some pundits have suggested that the Democrats can’t win without a celebrity candidate like Oprah in 2020. “If you need to set a thief to catch a thief,” neoconservative John Podhoretz wrote in a New York Post op-edin September 2017 that was retweeted by Oprah herself, “you need a star — a grand, outsized, fearless star whom Trump can neither intimidate nor outshine — to catch a star.”

This simply isn’t true. In August 2017, Public Policy Polling found Trump trailed Joe Biden (by 15 points), Bernie Sanders (14 points), Elizabeth Warren (7 points), Cory Booker (5 points), and Kamala Harris (1 point) in potential 2020 match-ups. Last month, an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll found Trump would lose to a “Generic Democrat” in 2020 by a whopping 16 points.

If five different senators plus a Generic Democrat can beat this Republican president, then why the liberal excitement over a talk-show host? And why draw the line at Oprah? What about Mark Zuckerberg? Mark Cuban? Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson? Kanye? Where, oh where, does it end?