Other than Al B Sure, who else could've featured on Quincy Jones' song "Secret Garden"?

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol As a kid, I always thought they should have just had El do his part as well.

Al definitely stood out on that track as being the weak link. It’s painful to listen to with significantly better vocalists on the song.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Song also featured James Ingram, El Debarge, and Barry White. Who else do you think could've featured on the song other than Al B Sure?

without much thought, i think Babyface could've featured on this song :myman:

@Dr. Narcisse

I guess the question becomes "why" did he choose Al B. Sure. :patrice:

He was obviously the youngest one and music seemed closer to New Swing (of the crew).Plus he probably had the biggest hit of everyone else at the time. Everyone else was a solo singer El was no longer with Debarge.

Gerald Levert would fit the mode, but he didnt release his 1st solo album till 91.

Babyface would have been great, but again he was still in older lane.

I think Johnny Gill might have been it, but again he was in a group at that time.

This is tough :patrice:

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps

He was obviously the youngest one and music seemed closer to New Swing (of the crew). Everyone else was a solo singer El was no longer with Debarge.

Gerald Levert would fit the mode, but he didnt release his 1st solo album till 91.

I think Johnny Gill might have been it, but again he was in a group at that time.

Al b sure had hit singles and an album that was popular a year before Q dropped Back On the Block which features Secret Garden

Even tho Al B Sure isn’t a great singer

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
lol As a kid, I always thought they should have just had El do his part as well.

Al definitely stood out on that track as being the weak link. It’s painful to listen to with significantly better vocalists on the song.
He had the biggest hit recently and Quincy wanted someone young on the track. Thats what makes it tough to find someone better for what he was going for.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

He was obviously the youngest one and music seemed closer to New Swing (of the crew).Plus he probably had the biggest hit of everyone else at the time. Everyone else was a solo singer El was no longer with Debarge.

Al B was a Quincy Jones protege, one of the main reasons he got the gig