Other than Al B Sure, who else could've featured on Quincy Jones' song "Secret Garden"?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Al b sure had hit singles and an album that was popular a year before Q dropped Back On the Block which features Secret Garden

Even tho Al B Sure isn’t a great singer
Yea he was more in for popularity than skill. But again who was a solo singer around his age that also had a hit during that time?

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He had the biggest hit recently and Quincy wanted someone young on the track. Thats what makes it tough to find someone better for what he was going for.

I get it, but I would had El sing that verse as well. He would have killed that.

I liked some of Al’s shyt, but that ain’t his lane. Let that nygga do some catchy shyt.

El, Ingram, and White is all you needed.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
For that time period the answer had to be Howard Hewett. If they wanted a female voice, throw Anita Baker on there and it's a fukking warp. :banderas:
Now that I think about it what would have be the quartet for a female Secret Garden.

Again they'd have to match the same profiles though.

Quincy chose someone really young/New Jack Swing in Al B Sure, Old School R&B with Barry White, El was a bit more pop and Ingram was very much 80s R&B.

@N*gga Please Karyn White, Patti Labelle, Jody Watley and Anita Baker?

I wanna say Whitney but (again thnking 89/90) was she too big for that at the time.

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
Now that I think about it what would have be the quartet for a female Secret Garden.

Again they'd have to match the same profiles though.

Quincy chose someone really young/New Jack Swing in Al B Sure, Old School R&B with Barry White, El was a bit more pop and Ingram was very much 80s R&B.

@N*gga Please Karyn White, Patti Labelle, Jody Watley and Anita Baker?

I wanna say Whitney over Karyn White, but not sure (again thnking 89/90) but was she too big for that at the time.

Whitney over Karen yeah

Whitney still could’ve done a feature

I love me some Ms Watley :noah: