Outside Of Nas himself, no one has done more for his career than Hov, Jay saved his career

Mr.Silver

Enlightening And Frightening
Daps
Reppin
Alaska
I agree with the Blueprint being better than Stillmatic, however Nas has a better discography than Jay and Nas has more classics than Jay.

Jay's Classics are

The Blueprint
Reasonable Doubt
the black Album

Nas's Classics are

Illmatic
Stillmatic
It was Written
The Lost Tapes
Life is Good (Is a classic because Eminem and Jay haven't put out a better album since Jay dropped American Gangster (Life is good still better) and WTT don't count seeing as it is a collab album with Kanye west and since em dropped The Eminem Show way back in 2003, Nas Life is Good album showed that he is better than both and still has it)
Oh my god with this bullshyt. Stillmatic ain't no goddamn classic stop and AG is a classic too

Jay got four certified minimum.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Jay was considered the #1 rapper at the time so its a testament to Nas still having a fanbase and having the respect factor to giving him a chance. I believe that no matter what Meek made in response to Back to Back he would have been considered lost.

Gentility

Warrior for the Babies
Supporter
Daps
As an old head, OP is very accurate

"I gave you life when nikkas was forgetting you emcee"

Nastradmaus and that oochie Wally Wally stuff had people not taking nas the MC not as serious.
The last thing Jay aimed to do was give Nas "new life" when he orchestrated the Takeover affair. It was an assassination attempt. And he would've been successful in killing Nas if Nas didn't make the moves necessary to not only survive but thrive in the face of danger.

Jay-Z didn't give Nas new life--Nas did.

Mr.Silver

Enlightening And Frightening
Daps
Reppin
Alaska
The last thing Jay aimed to do was give Nas "new life" when he orchestrated the Takeover affair. It was an assassination attempt. And he would've been successful in killing Nas if Nas didn't make the moves necessary to not only survive but thrive in the face of danger.

Jay-Z didn't give Nas new life--Nas did.
If Jay doesn't diss Nas, Nas career ends in 2000

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Large Professor perhaps :jbhmm:, who really put him on got the album together?

Nas isn't Nas because of stillmatic, an album 10 years after he initially came out. Please
Stillmatic is very important to Nas' career though.
It's silly to credit Jay for the album when he was literally trying to end his career, and the album was gonna be a classic return to form with or without Ether.

This stuff about Def Jam is also silly. Jay was an employee there. They, along with every other label was trying to sign Nas at that point. How come nobody tries to give any other exec credit for an artist other than this one instance :pachaha: