Outside the 99-00 period, the WWE has never had

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
Best years were 88 to 92 for WWE's tag team scene.

Attitude era was really just Hardys, Dudleys, and E&C if we're talking actual teams. Everyone else sucked.
No love for Too Cool and APA? They were second tier, but still over enough that the crowd would believe a win over the top 3 teams.

Also don't forget about the Headbangers :troll:

Bob-omb

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Sacramento, CA
99-00 i think they had a writer who actually story boarded and made sure there was continuity for each person so storylines woul have definitive booking and meaning even if some of the stories were stupid they had a reason, I think the guy died forgot his name

Chris Kreski the GAWD :wow:

From his Wiki:
Kreski was replaced as head writer by Stephanie McMahon in November 2000, but remained with the company until 2002, when he left to pursue other opportunities.
:scust:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
From his Wiki:

And no coincidence that 2001 was a disaster. WrestleMania was already set in motion. WM X-7 was going to be a huge success regardless. 2001 started the weak invasion with none of the actual stars from WCW (outside of Booker and DDP) and it started all the petty shyt. WCW dudes couldn't get a single damn win the whole time.

2002 was saved through Paul Heyman's influence.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Vince has allegedly never seen money in Tag teams, if my memory of dirtsheet reports serves correct.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
did you say the late 80s tag teams were laughing pads for singles pushes? :what: you clearly don't know what you're talking about bruh.

Bret Hart was a tag wrestler for 6 years before he got a real singles push
Shawn Michaels 4 years, not including his time before the wwf.

Hart Foundation, British Bulldogs, Killer Bees, Demolition, Powers of Pain, Rockers, Brain Busters, the Wild Samoans, Strike Force, Can-Am Connection, Bushwacketrs, etc,

the 80s tag team scene was far more legit than you understand. and the nwa/wcw tag scene in the 80s was pretty good also. like they could actually main event big shows with tag matches.

the tag scene was DEEP in the 80s, and they only focused on other teams or the tag titles.

as for 99-2001, yes that was a great time for tag teams in the wwf.

Bret was being groomed as early as 86 when he was a finalist in the battle royal. Same with Shawn. Why are you mentioning territories im clearly strictly talking WWF.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
They may not have been pegged for success but Bradshaw went on to have huge success when the APA broke up and Jeff Hardy became a huge success as well.

Bradshaw was penciled in because Brock bounced and they needed a heel. One of the worst champs ever. Hardy was a flop. I only remember HHH bytch slapping the living piss out of him and CM Punk sonning him out the compant

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
Bret was being groomed as early as 86 when he was a finalist in the battle royal. Same with Shawn. Why are you mentioning territories im clearly strictly talking WWF.
bret was being "groomed" in 86(came to the wwf in like 85) but didn't have a legit singles run until 1991 :dead:

shawn was being groomed by vince but in other ways :mjpls: and it still took him 4 years and flat out demanding to get to singles run for it to happen.

just admit you were wrong on the wwf 1980s tag team scene man.

as far as mentioning nwa, I was just giving you a bit of a history lesson.

the POINT is tho, that the tag team scene in the wwf in the 80s was legit, unlike what you're attempting to say

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
bret was being "groomed" in 86(came to the wwf in like 85) but didn't have a legit singles run until 1991 :dead:

shawn was being groomed by vince but in other ways :mjpls: and it still took him 4 years and flat out demanding to get to singles run for it to happen.

just admit you were wrong on the wwf 1980s tag team scene man.

as far as mentioning nwa, I was just giving you a bit of a history lesson.

the POINT is tho, that the tag team scene in the wwf in the 80s was legit, unlike what you're attempting to say

Actually it was 2 for heaven. But no shyt it took a while? Did you see who was on top then? Hogan didn't even want to work with Bret even when he looked like a deflated ballon. Did you even read my OP? I mention how superior the Crockett teams were. Road Warriors could headline cards. RnR Express basically invented what a modern baby face tag is. Nobody paying to see shytty ass demolition or powers of pain :dead: None of those teams were on the level of hardyz or dudleys at their peak

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Chris Kreski. Apparently Steph and crew actually made fun of him.

He's also responsible for the Trips/Kurt/Steph love triangle.

Yep, they demoted him ad and Steph took over full time creative duties, which is why there was such a shift in the programming afterwards

Best years were 88 to 92 for WWE's tag team scene.

Attitude era was really just Hardys, Dudleys, and E&C if we're talking actual teams. Everyone else sucked.

Ehhh, don't really agree with this. You still had other teams in feuds, Outlaws, Holly's, Too Cool, APA, Head Cheese (:mjlol:) T&A, and some others. And a lot of those teams teamed for a very long time before breaking up. And their breakups weren't just "we're breaking up, that means we're going feuding now", they just went solo and teamed back up every once in awhile when needed

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
From his Wiki:

But if she was head writer in the months leading to Mania X7... :whew:

What happened?!?!??!

This debate about the late-80s era is mind-boggling :russ: two solo stars come out of the division (and a couple others who turned out to be solid hands) so now that era doesn't count? Nahhhh.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Natural disasters werent trash

80s had mega powers running wild and made tags just as legit so i dont get the 80s comment. Wrestlemania 1 was headlined by hogan/mr t vs piper/orndoff

Hogan/savage
Hart foundation
Strike force
Bulldogs
Killer bees
Rockers
Demolition
Natural disasters
Akeem/bossman
Megabucks
Brainbusters
Rougeos
Valentine/beefcakw (underrated team)
Valentine/honky tonk
LOD
Volkoff/sheik
Piper/orndoff/cowboy bob
Etc etc

Theres 2-3 tags on every early wrestlemania card. Today were lucky to get a legit one match.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
And no coincidence that 2001 was a disaster. WrestleMania was already set in motion. WM X-7 was going to be a huge success regardless. 2001 started the weak invasion with none of the actual stars from WCW (outside of Booker and DDP) and it started all the petty shyt. WCW dudes couldn't get a single damn win the whole time.

2002 was saved through Paul Heyman's influence.

That was atrocious. The WWF guys were always winning in firm convincing fashion, and the WCW dudes had to cheat, get count-outs are just straight up look weak.

Look at this shyt. One of the bottom matches on the card where WCW gets a win, then IMMEDIATELY gets attacked after the match :mjlol::martin:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Bret Hart was a tag team guy and sidekick to the Honkey Tonk Man. His singles didn't happen until WM 4. He didn't win the IC title till Summerslam 91. Guys like Sting, Luger, and Warrior were already on top.