Pardon My Ignorance but Is It Illegal to Talk About R3v0luTi0h?

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
if you're successful, it doesn't matter what their laws are :yeshrug:

on a serious note though, don't engage in that kinda silliness. the DA will nail you just to get on TV

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
it's a mental/emotional/spiritual revolution my man...

if you talkin about physical violence against the govt then id tell you :whoa:

Aje

All Madden
Daps
Reppin
Don't Believe the Hype
YOU MEAN LIKE THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR THAT STARTED THIS COUNTRY, BROTHER? :leostare:
haha, yes, something like that.

Well, the reason I ask is because I frankly can't see our country's citizens ever rising up and starting a revolution; I think we (myself included, sadly) are too complacent despite the outrage felt due to the government's recent attacks on our freedoms.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
haha, yes, something like that.

Well, the reason I ask is because I frankly can't see our country ever rising up and starting a revolution; I think we (myself included, sadly) are too complacent despite the outrage felt due to the government's recent attacks on our freedoms.

this is a misunderstanding of what revolutions are about. it's not "the government" vs "the people". It's segments of "The People" fighting each other for power and control. The american revolution was a special case because they were splitting themselves off as a people. But you got the civil war as a clearer example of how revolutions work

Revolutions are incredibly painful and bloody. Nobody does it cause a few laws were passed. There are deeper fissures that crack open

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
this is a misunderstanding of what revolutions are about. it's not "the government" vs "the people". It's segments of "The People" fighting each other for power and control. The american revolution was a special case because they were splitting themselves off as a people. But you got the civil war as a clearer example of how revolutions work

Revolutions are incredibly painful and bloody. Nobody does it cause a few laws were passed. There are deeper fissures that crack open

tunisian revolution doesnt fit this description. as far as i can tell, there was basically little to no split among the people, just a final straw and the government was forced to lean back.

Aje

All Madden
Daps
Reppin
Don't Believe the Hype

true that but if this gradual erosion of constitutional rights continues - and, I'm quite certain it will - what can the average man do?

I don't know. I'm, admittedly, not into politics the way most of you on here are so I'm out of my element; however, when it comes to the abuse of power I've been noticing in the past week it infuriates me. Perhaps there's nothing to worry about.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm sure some federal conspiracy charges could be applied if it was deemed necessary..

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
tunisian revolution doesnt fit this description. as far as i can tell, there was basically little to no split among the people, just a final straw and the government was forced to lean back.

that was a changing of the head of state breh. same with egypt. the people with the power in society let the revolution happen, but they wouldn't let their own power go if it came down to it. they'd fight.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

it's a mental/emotional/spiritual revolution my man...

if you talkin about physical violence against the govt then id tell you :whoa:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
that was a changing of the head of state breh. same with egypt. the people with the power in society let the revolution happen, but they wouldn't let their own power go if it came down to it. they'd fight.

it's a revolution, breh. the results of the revolution are separate.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
it's a revolution, breh. the results of the revolution are separate.

it has no analogy to a place like the US where you can do that every four years just by getting out of bed. A revolution in America would involve taking out the actual government not just changing the players and amending the constitution which can all be done peacefully. And a lot of people would defend the current national government. You'd have basically a Second Civil War

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
A revolution in America would involve taking out the actual government not just changing the players and amending the constitution which can all be done peacefully.

totally disagree.

it's gonna be just like you stated... changing the players and amending the constitution.

the system is fine because it's impartial in its outcomes... hence the term, system.

it's the people who are the problem.