Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I said this as well, this would be great storytelling.

I want them to go through the tournament like normal, then right before the finals, have the two challengers get taken out brutally back stage or right at their entrance. Then have Sasha music hit. To really make it work have her cut a promo saying how there wouldn’t be a tournament if they hadn’t given the belts up. And then proceed to have them dominate the match and be heels until mania until a real organic team came up and beat them.

It would also with out a shadow of doubt prove that change was way over due. I honestly don’t think the me too stuff was the only thing that made Vince retire. I think the fact that his talent was so frustrated with the people in charge had to make him go ahead and take the L.
People act like you can't praise and criticize Vince at the same time. Vince is the reason pro wrestling is a billion dollar business, but he also stayed too long and lost his touch. Vince's decline started happening after the Benoit murder/suicide when he was forced to go PG. Then 2009 was really when the WWE became extremely micro managed. No matter how you feel about the last 2 episodes of RAW, it's clear that the reins have been loosened on the talent and the show.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
People act like you can't praise and criticize Vince at the same time. Vince is the reason pro wrestling is a billion dollar business, but he also stayed too long and lost his touch. Vince's decline started happening after the Benoit murder/suicide when he was forced to go PG. Then 2009 was really when the WWE became extremely micro managed. No matter how you feel about the last 2 episodes of RAW, it's clear that the reins have been loosened on the talent and the show.
It honestly started in 2004, but 2006-2007 is probably the worst set of wrestling years since 1995.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
It honestly started in 2004, but 2006-2007 is probably the worst set of wrestling years since 1995.
I would say 07 was the start. 2006 was still a pretty solid year, but 2007 started off great then fell to shyt after WM 23. 2004 was a fun year imo and 2005 was kinda uneven. There's literally nothing good that can be said about 2009.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I would say 07 was the start. 2006 was still a pretty solid year, but 2007 started off great then fell to shyt after WM 23. 2004 was a fun year imo and 2005 was kinda uneven. There's literally nothing good that can be said about 2009.
:dahell:

2009 had the HBK/Undertaker feud + their classic match at mania. CM Punk’s MITB run + feud with Jeff Hardy. I think they had the JeriShow team going around this time too, the last time Big Show was worth a damn. Personally I enjoyed Cena and Orton’s feud around SummerSlam also.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

There were ups and downs but I think Vince took a permanent turn downward around 2018. I wouldn’t be shocked if he had a health situation around that time

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Yea and for years the main even segments were pointless. The show was boring today and the main even was a drag to get through. I came in expecting to see how things would be different but ultimately the 3 hour show makes it hard for me to stay engaged long enough to see that subtle bit of story telling. It would have been better if it happened after a good match
Raw is best watched off DVR so you can skip through all the sludge

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
:dahell:

2009 had the HBK/Undertaker feud + their classic match at mania. CM Punk’s MITB run + feud with Jeff Hardy. I think they had the JeriShow team going around this time too, the last time Big Show was worth a damn. Personally I enjoyed Cena and Orton’s feud around SummerSlam also.
I'll give you that, but everything else you mentioned was meh at best.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
There were ups and downs but I think Vince took a permanent turn downward around 2018. I wouldn’t be shocked if he had a health situation around that time
No, no, no...things have never been the same in the WWE since Eddie died right before Survivor Series. Benoit going down the way he did was the final nail....