Paula Abdul sues 'American Idol' producer Nigel Lythgoe for sexual assault

Diddly Drogba

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#FreeEva
https://www.lipstickalley.com/
Former ‘American Idol’ judge Paula Abdul has filed a lawsuit against Nigel Lythgoe for xesual assault.

According to legal documents obtained by the Blast, the ‘Straight Up’ singer claims Nigel Lythgoe “verbally insulated and belittled” her on several occasions, before he “xesually assaulted” her during one of the first seasons of ‘American Idol.’

In the filing, the singer claims it all began in or about early 2001 when Paula Abdul’s business manager was approached by FOX about an opportunity for Abdul to appear as a judge on ‘Pop Idol’, which was the soon-to-air American version of the British television singing competition show.

When she was approached by FOX, Abdul was just coming out of her six-year hiatus, which she took due to injuries she sustained in an accident. Because she needed to make her comeback, Abdul was “intrigued by the opportunity,” the docs state.

Paula Abdul then met with executives and producers for the show, where she claims she was “verbally insulted and belittled by [Nigel] Lythgoe,” who was one of the executive producers of the competition show, ‘Pop Idol.’

In the suit, Abdul claims Lythgoe told her that “she was a ‘has been’ celebrity and probably wouldn’t be known by the show’s contestants.”

Despite Lythgoe’s discriminating comments, Abdul claims other producers and executives said “she was exactly what they were looking for,” but the singer left the meeting “with grave reservations about appearing on the show and informed her representatives about such concerns.”

At the end of the day, Abdul and her team decided to push Lythgoe’s comments to the side and take a chance on the show, hoping his actions were a “one-time” thing.

In the new lawsuit, obtained by The Blast, Abdul claims that “during one of ‘American Idol”s initial seasons, while on the road for the show’s regional auditions, Lythgoe xesually assaulted her.

The docs continue, “One evening, following the day’s auditions, Lythgoe and Abdul entered the elevator of the hotel where they were staying. Upon entering the elevator, Lythgoe shoved Abdul against the wall, then grabbed her genitals and breasts, and began shoving his tongue down her throat. Abdul attempted to push Lythgoe away from her. When the doors to the elevator for her floor opened, Abdul ran out of the elevator and to her hotel room. Abdul quickly called one of her representatives in tears to inform them of the assault.”

On a second occasion, Paula claims she was assaulted while attending a dinner at the ‘American Idol’ boss’s house.

During the dinner, she says Lythgoe forced himself on top of her while she was seated on his couch and “attempted to kiss” her while proclaiming the two would make an excellent “power couple.”

Abdul “pushed him off, explaining she was not interested in his advances, and immediately left,” it states.

Again, she says the reporting of the incident was held back because of possible implications for her job and career.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@Neo The Resurrected ONE ,this is what i mean about the power dynamic difference and why it leads to belated accusations.

recall earlier that i said....

I think this case is different. The power dynamic is still slanted ...

Here , what I mean is that her assailant was a random 17 year old highschool boy; not her boss or her millionaire mentor , or the governor of her state, etc. This would drastically change her calculus in reporting the matter after the fact .

To put it in perspective, think of a same-occupation coworker or the janitorial staff saying something greasy and passive aggressive about you in passing vs the CEO of your firm saying it to you in an isolated hallway. You would be very quick to report the first two to HR, but your calculus changes dramatically for the latter due to the power dynamic.

In a similar vein , notice that OP's story said...
When she was approached by FOX, Abdul was just coming out of her six-year hiatus, which she took due to injuries she sustained in an accident. Because she needed to make her comeback, Abdul was “intrigued by the opportunity,” the docs state.

Paula Abdul then met with executives and producers for the show, where she claims she was “verbally insulted and belittled by [Nigel] Lythgoe,” who was one of the executive producers of the competition show, ‘Pop Idol.’

In the suit, Abdul claims Lythgoe told her that “she was a ‘has been’ celebrity and probably wouldn’t be known by the show’s contestants.”

In this position , the producer of her show sexually assaulted her . She was in danger of being black listed so the calculus was much more difficult for her.

Last edited:
Daps
@Neo The Resurrected ONE ,this is what i mean about the power dynamic difference and why it leads to belated accusations.

recall earlier that i said....

In a similar vein , notice that OP's story said...

In this position , the producer of her show sexually assaulted her . She was in danger of being black listed so the calculus was much more difficult for her.

Bro im not trying to hear this. This is frickin PAULA ABDUL! She could have made this accusation to the police any time she wanted to and I promise you he would have been arrested and American Idol would have continued.

I'm not saying that nothing didn't happen, but I am saying that I'm not giving her an out because she still should have reported it when it happened.

She reported it to her rep? Well why didn't she report it to her lawyer or better yet the POLICE? :dahell:

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Bro im not trying to hear this. This is frickin PAULA ABDUL! She could have made this accusation to the police any time she wanted to and I promise you he would have been arrested and American Idol would have continued.

I'm not saying that nothing didn't happen, but I am saying that I'm not giving her an out because she still should have reported it when it happened.

She reported it to her rep? Well why didn't she report it to her lawyer or better yet the POLICE? :dahell:
I want you as my character witness

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Now tell.......me......do opposites attract?:troll:

:ufdup: @Oatmeal

catset was hella rapey

hope she takes them heaux down
5tGO.gif