Pay money to do college assignments in a class you already paid for brehs

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Okay, I'm taking this Biology class online and the professor runs her assignments through this program called Cengage Mindtap. It's a little website that has the book and all of our assignments on it. Cool. For the 1st two weeks of school, the program was free AND it had the book on there so you could do your assignments and study up using the book in this program. The book is like $167 to buy.

So the 1st week of school, I managed to find a PDF version of the book online real cheap from a chick down in South America. So I was good....or so I thought.

So the 2 week trial expired the other day and I pull up on the screen ready to knock out some assignments and its asking me to either enter a access code to continue or to pay. The program is 116 bucks. :gucci:

I thought you just wouldn't be able to use the free textbook no more. Nah, I gotta pay to even get access to my ALREADY PAID FOR class assignments.

So I hit up the teacher tryna see if this is legit and she basically said this in text format ":francis:"

I'm heated. This was not in her syllabus at all. So the PDF version of the book I got doesn't come with an access code but the hard copies do if you buy em new. The access code is the only way you can get into this program without paying. I gotta pay just to do my assignments on top of the money I already paid to take the class and get my book:what:

The schools be milking cats man. I mean what kinda sense does this make? Having to pay 116 bucks just to do my assignments because she wanna run it through some expensive program. She trippin.:pacspit:
I'm going to the head of the department Monday.

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
Yea, bytch ass teacher said I need a $170 book. I've not bought that shyt

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
That is standard operating practice in Math and some sciences.

Go to college, brehs.

Spend thousands of dollars to learn shyt you can find on Google for free, brehs.

Depends on the school and career path. For the sciences the professors are able to make rather complicated material clear, and on top of that, you get office hours, etc... Most of the information you see today was also available back in the day in the libraries for free as well, but people chose not to go to the library just like most people today would rather utilize facebook, twitter, and youtube arguing over nonsense most of their free time when they could be accessing information.

Most people aren't going to utilize the plentiful resources that are free today, and highly motivated people will do that in conjunction with attending an institution of higher learning. And, when it comes to school, you get the added benefits of networking, having access to internships, and research opportunities not available if you decide to go at it on your own. Not to mention a degree opens up the door for graduate level education where you have even more access to resources that aren't available if you go at it on your own. A bachelors increases one's earning potential levels above those without a degree, and those with a professional or doctorate in STEM... Good luck beating out those people when it comes to the higher paying jobs and lucrative positions. :francis:

Be closed minded towards the benefits of education, brehs. Inundate yourself in the banal, dope-fiend line of thinking of today about higher education, brehs. Decrease your earning potential, brehs. Become a perpetual googleer, brehs. Lack the skills and qualifications necessary to compete in the real world, brehs. Grow bitter and become a cart pusher at 40, brehs. Return to college at 55 knowing you've wasted your life googling information, learning some talking points but not knowing how to apply the information, brehs. Think you know how the world works by only using google, brehs. :mjcry: yourself to sleep every night knowing you had ample opportunity to study and work but wasted it because you had the wrong mindset, brehs. Live busted for the rest of your life, brehs. Die eating boloney sandwiches in a dank, crusty, senior apartment complex, brehs.

momma

All Star
Daps
How many classes have you taken OP :heh: The access key bullshyt been going on in at least 1 of my classes pretty much every semester since freshman year. But luckily I know of real good online resources to pirate books so I've never really had to pay much for books outside of those access keys.