Pay money to do college assignments in a class you already paid for brehs

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
Its the same with Business course. We had a program called MyMathsLab - MyAccountingLab. To discourage purchase of second hand textbooks the in course materials have a unique code with access to the assignments. You sign up & its lasts for an entire semester (matches the course lecturers who you search up & enroll to their class) before ending. Either that or lose out 20% weekly assignments & another 10% from the in class test. If you failed the paper you have to buy the book how ever many times. Alternatively you can but the My(Subject)Lab access code from them directly & get the PDF version of the book. Its still costs as much as a new book. Personally I love physical copies as its easier for study. With PDF you gotta print. Thats another 300 pages worth print.

delta

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Okay, I'm taking this Biology class online and the professor runs her assignments through this program called Cengage Mindtap. It's a little website that has the book and all of our assignments on it. Cool. For the 1st two weeks of school, the program was free AND it had the book on there so you could do your assignments and study up using the book in this program. The book is like $167 to buy.

So the 1st week of school, I managed to find a PDF version of the book online real cheap from a chick down in South America. So I was good....or so I thought.

So the 2 week trial expired the other day and I pull up on the screen ready to knock out some assignments and its asking me to either enter a access code to continue or to pay. The program is 116 bucks. :gucci:

I thought you just wouldn't be able to use the free textbook no more. Nah, I gotta pay to even get access to my ALREADY PAID FOR class assignments.

So I hit up the teacher tryna see if this is legit and she basically said this in text format ":francis:"

I'm heated. This was not in her syllabus at all. So the PDF version of the book I got doesn't come with an access code but the hard copies do if you buy em new. The access code is the only way you can get into this program without paying. I gotta pay just to do my assignments on top of the money I already paid to take the class and get my book:what:

The schools be milking cats man. I mean what kinda sense does this make? Having to pay 116 bucks just to do my assignments because she wanna run it through some expensive program. She trippin.:pacspit:
I'm going to the head of the department Monday.

breh delete this thread real quick so it dont end up on Google.

some snitch student is gonna report this to the college and make future students do actual work...

you fukking up a easy class.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
breh delete this thread real quick so it dont end up on Google.

some snitch student is gonna report this to the college and make future students do actual work...
you fukking up a easy class.

Breh, the class is $359 per credit hour. It's worth 3 credits. You do that math. So what am i paying for? The course work supposed to already be included in that fee. But I'm paying an extra 116 bucks to do course assignments.
:mindblown:

Archangel

Banned
Daps
How many classes have you taken OP :heh: The access key bullshyt been going on in at least 1 of my classes pretty much every semester since freshman year. But luckily I know of real good online resources to pirate books so I've never really had to pay much for books outside of those access keys.

This my first time ever dealing with that mess bruh. The head of the department gotta see me over this man.