PAYOLA is still alive and well in hip hop music

Daps
they'll do you like Odd Future..

act like you don't exist, then when a song catch be the first ones on some :ooh::whoo::takedat::feedme:

everybody and their Mommas tryin to get some money out this hip-hop sh!t.. these folks too busy trying to come up, instead of helping folks come up.. :scust:

keep doing your thing, man.. and, dope thread.. :salute:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
How the fukk do I become mindie? :mjcry:
I'm 21 the clock ticking brehs :mjcry:

first you need to DO THIS:

tumblr_mnsvx32Ami1sslrwgo1_400.gif

and IF you get inside the building DO THIS:

VFPogDoDstS60-l6NI7CnP_kcicy1x3Q6QkafSSyt9ZOmkykJAmOjyutacPWr8begz1dGT4HVlkwGDHSx1PkkotB2LZTaGvHTgmp8hdnYrA5kEKkb1HmILOSp7Z3pruw72k07TmvFwHlIy699CkypT9KcGhmkcv5l4MbAg=w200-h143-nc

:mjlol: ok I was joking about the BUCK DANCNG on tables part

but HAVING SOME START UP MONEY IS REAL :beli:

The mindie is nothing more than a cat who did his own ARTIST DEVELOPMENT. ..MARKETING...AND CREATED HIS OWN BUZZ

before the major decides to come in with thier lazy behinds and use thier relationships to get u further exposure and ride YOUR WAVE at a substantial cost effective rate...little to none ADVANCES basically a Sharecropping deal where they able to eat off your BRAND without being stigmatized cause they falsely portray u as INDEPENDENT :comeon:

I know a cat who rented whips paid for features only to fly to new York and have somebody from RCA tell him....meet us halfway on the MONEY

basically a MINDIE pays for his deal or has a big homie or third party pay for it :snoop:

Last edited:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Great thread, great article posted last page too

Its important to just enjoy the music regardless, but I always question people who blindly like whatever radio, BET or social media is telling them. Don't you ever ask yourself, why is everyone constantly retweeting this same things over and over, not just your friends, but celebrities, and why is this song playing 50 times a day??? :snoop:

Like dude said, the "hidden deal" is like saying "the sky is blue" to people in the know, but Im surprised how unaware of this young people are in this day n age

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
how did logic create his own buzz when nikkas didn't know him beforehand? My mans is working with him heavy and he's really known in the city but I swear bro...I SWEAR this dude came out of nowhere from a remote part of the DMV with zero street buzz..and you ain't gotta be a street rapper. shyt ain't adding up my g.

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
I personally dont care to fukk with anything to do payola because what happens is this, you get your shyt out there, it goes on a bunch of aggregator blogs that nobody fukks with and you get a few plays and views etc but thats it. Thats literally it. You dont blow up off that shyt, it doesnt generally lead to more fans, fukking nothing.

People ask me all the time "how did you get on this blog? that blog? why did this magazine interview you?"

because i know people and I know journalists, not to mention i am also putting my story out on top of it so it draws interest to some extent. But anything where i gotta pay? man fukk that.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
first you need to DO THIS:

eNp0O6OcOnRT4pwKAZ6IPWupJ6uMN7F35-atAdC1myNV2d-WYD2jxndmBMySWq5C9bGDZzipXx7pj0Pm9y0QHuGjXsVPhJjyr7j6i-LkADgRkY6vrb8CfcZZMEI=w350-h197-nc

and IF you get inside the building DO THIS:

VFPogDoDstS60-l6NI7CnP_kcicy1x3Q6QkafSSyt9ZOmkykJAmOjyutacPWr8begz1dGT4HVlkwGDHSx1PkkotB2LZTaGvHTgmp8hdnYrA5kEKkb1HmILOSp7Z3pruw72k07TmvFwHlIy699CkypT9KcGhmkcv5l4MbAg=w200-h143-nc

:mjlol: ok I was joking about the BUCK DANCNG on tables part

but HAVING SOME START UP MONEY IS REAL :beli:

The mindie is nothing more than a cat who did his own ARTIST DEVELOPMENT. ..MARKETING...AND CREATED HIS OWN BUZZ

before the major decides to come in with thier lazy behinds and use thier relationships to get u further exposure and ride YOUR WAVE at a substantial cost effective rate...little to none ADVANCES basically a Sharecropping deal where they able to eat off your BRAND without being stigmatized cause they falsely portray u as INDEPENDENT :comeon:

I know a cat who rented whips paid for features only to fly to new York and have somebody from RCA tell him....meet us halfway on the MONEY

basically a MINDIE pays for his deal or has a big homie or third party pay for it :snoop:
So basically get my Jay in 94-95 on?