Peep Jay Z's Original Reasonable Doubt Tracklist

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
jay-z-reasonable-doubt-original-tracklist.jpg
The fellas over at 2DBZ got their hands on the original tracklist for Jay-Z’s seminal 1996 debut LP and lo and behold, there are some surprises. First off the sequencing is different. As the Dopeboyz noted, the sequencing on the version of the album that made it to retail is way better, but I suppose hindsight is 20/20.

The other thing you notice immediately is that the album would’ve included 3 extra tracks that didn’t make it onto the version that we are familiar with. What became of these songs? Were they leaked under different titles, or were the lyrics cannibalized for other songs? It’s very possible that they exist on a hard drive or DAT out there somewhere, in which case, GOOD GOD JAY YOU GOT YOUR PUBLISHING, LEAK THOSE shytS ALREADY MAN.
This is what it is:

reasonable-doubt.jpg

Will we ever hear "The Hurt", "Tell Me" & "Hot"? :lupe:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Bleek was on 'Can I Live II', maybe that explains his guest spot there. I hate how these artists, companies, excecs, cling to these unreleased songs from almost 20 years ago, just fukking release them Jay, as a free mix tape or something. They want to hold out for a fukking 'Unreleaed Hits' album to cross promote a new iPhone edition or something….

Last edited:

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bleek was on 'Can I Live II', maybe that explains his guest spot there. I hate how these artists, companies, excess, cling to these unreleased songs from almost 20 years ago, just fukking release them Jay, as a free mix tape or something. They want to hold out for a fukking 'Unreleaed Hits' album to cross promote a new iPhone edition or something….
Word, you KNOW Guru is sitting on some shyt just waitin for Hov to George Bush the botton :sadcam: