"People say so and so is underutilized but those guys are lazy, they're phoning in at live events"

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
I get the sentiment. I really do. Some people are fans of wrestlers that will never hustle enough to reward their fandom. This is a carny business, and there are plenty disappointments.

Still, Cody has to really stop with this growing delusion that "anybody can do anything I've done." Even Brandi is getting a big head :snoop:

Dude, your dad was fukking Dusty Rhodes. You're getting a lot more opportunities than anybody else, simply because of your last name. Not everyone else had that privilege.

The Pencilsword: On a plate - The Wireless

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I get the sentiment. I really do. Some people are fans of wrestlers that will never hustle enough to reward their fandom. This is a carny business, and there are plenty disappointments.

Still, Cody has to really stop with this growing delusion that "anybody can do anything I've done." Even Brandi is getting a big head :snoop:

Dude, your dad was fukking Dusty Rhodes. You're getting a lot more opportunities than anybody else, simply because of your last name. Not everyone else had that privilege.

The Pencilsword: On a plate - The Wireless
It’s half and half
Cody was never looked at as the big name guy at any point in his Wwe career
He was third fiddle in legacy behind Orton and ted dibiase
He was given every gimmick and made it work but was never given too much momentum despite his ability and his dedication to characters. He was saddled with being a good hand in tag teams even though he was vastly better then his partners. He’d have entertaining feuds with any and everyone but I can count on one hand how many big matches they had him win. He got in on his daddy name and could have stayed off of it but in order to be who he is now he casted a easy road for the path he’s on now.

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
I think it could be a combo of things like personally I don't believe WWE's Brass Ring nonsense. They have guys they look at and see at a certain level, there is no getting yourself over there's getting to where they need you to be and I don't believe it's just cold hard business there's a component of them being marks themselves. WWE for instance saw Cody's Stardust as a replacement for Goldust who's one of Vince's greatest creations and I believe he would've still been Stardust. I'm sure there are guys on the roster who when they find out their role and that there is no brass ring do phone in it.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
I think it could be a combo of things like personally I don't believe WWE's Brass Ring nonsense. They have guys they look at and see at a certain level, there is no getting yourself over there's getting to where they need you to be and I don't believe it's just cold hard business there's a component of them being marks themselves. WWE for instance saw Cody's Stardust as a replacement for Goldust who's one of Vince's greatest creations and I believe he would've still been Stardust. I'm sure there are guys on the roster who when they find out their role and that there is no brass ring do phone in it.

Because it's not a meritocracy

it's a scripted TV show

:dead:

Tommy could've had all the "acting chops" and hit every line in rehearsals and tapings...but the show was called "Martin" :yeshrug: