"People say so and so is underutilized but those guys are lazy, they're phoning in at live events"

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
He didnt name names. Im sure its true that some are lazy, while some others arent but get held back :yeshrug:

I listened to the podcast and it was pretty clear he was takling about 'some' people. He wasnt saying it applies to everyone.

Last edited:

reigun

Superstar
Daps
On the one hand, I don't doubt that there's truth to what he says. At the end of the day, Cody was in that locker room for years and we weren't, so I'm sure he's seen things that would lead him to saying that.

On the other hand, it's like "You left for a reason, bruh." If it was all cool and you just had to work harder, Cody would still be in the E. Instead, he left because they wouldn't let him stop being Stardust. So it's like you have to take this with a little grain of salt.

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
It’s half and half
Cody was never looked at as the big name guy at any point in his Wwe career
He was third fiddle in legacy behind Orton and ted dibiase
He was given every gimmick and made it work but was never given too much momentum despite his ability and his dedication to characters. He was saddled with being a good hand in tag teams even though he was vastly better then his partners. He’d have entertaining feuds with any and everyone but I can count on one hand how many big matches they had him win. He got in on his daddy name and could have stayed off of it but in order to be who he is now he casted a easy road for the path he’s on now.
I agree with you...Cody Rhodes was, ironically enough, underutilized.

Rockin Jin's alternate outfit, paving the way for that bum Sandow to win MITB, getting a mustache over...Cody can be entertaining, no question. He's still delusional.

Still, I'm not gonna give him too much credit for riding Bullet Club, New Japan, and the Young Bucks's coattails.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I get the sentiment. I really do. Some people are fans of wrestlers that will never hustle enough to reward their fandom. This is a carny business, and there are plenty disappointments.

Still, Cody has to really stop with this growing delusion that "anybody can do anything I've done." Even Brandi is getting a big head :snoop:

Dude, your dad was fukking Dusty Rhodes. You're getting a lot more opportunities than anybody else, simply because of your last name. Not everyone else had that privilege.

The Pencilsword: On a plate - The Wireless

True

His dad IS Dusty Rhodes... but that only takes you so far..... when he was in the E, he was known as Stardust and was jobbing to Ascension and the Colon brothers.

Look how Mr Perfect son is being treated, or how Ted DeBiase son was treated (he got deavored right)

Scott Hall and British Bulldogs sons on the indies are meh.

But Cody put in the work to earn what he's gotta. Maybe the name made someone look his direction or atleast have the door unlocked. But when he grabbed the doorknob and entered, he made best usage of it.

There isnt any other son of a HOF or classic Big Name 80's wrestler thats really out here in the game with a bigger name than Cody

You gotta respect that.

Martha

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
When did he become somebody? Was it the moonsault off the cage?

When he helped produce the largest indie show on US soil in roughly 30 years. Cody's an average worker who commonly has his head up his ass, but he is somebody.

With that said, Daniel Bryan's made the same comment about guys multiple times, so I don't know what there is to argue here.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well when the owner only sees you as going so far and clearly cuts your legs from under you on tv and have commentary not put you over or completely undermine your abilities. The writing is on the wall at some point, so collect checks :yeshrug:

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
He would know. He was in that lockerroom for years but he's only half right. Why be creative or go against the grain if it isn't hurting your earnings.

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Not everyone has that drive that Cody does to moonsault off a cage, miss, get hit with an Angle Slam, and kick out at 2 :krs: or have his wife take a thumbtack bump :ohlawd:
and in a high school gym no less :gladbron: