Philadelphia Mayor Cherelle Parker Says You All Need to Go Back to the Office. Now.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
What kind of businesses?
-food trucks
-restaurants between your home and work
-the janitor company that cleans after people have been using the building
-the trash company that picks up trash from the building
-mechanics that rely on you putting wear and tear on your car
-the guy that owns vending machines at your building
-gas station that relies on you buying gas and snacks
-when it snows, the guy that's contracted to plow the parking lot at your job

etc....a lot of entities rely on us leaving the house daily

CP3.

Mr Solo Dolo
Daps
she look like Frankliin's mother from Snowfall.
giphy-downsized.gif

The fact you referred to her as that and NOT 'D'Angelo's mom' smh :beli:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
What kind of businesses?

retail businesses
service businesses

they all take a hit. and that's less tax revenue collected. It's just like Malls. They have anchor stores like Macy's, Bloomingdales, etc. Once they leave, less people come and eventually the traffic dies down. Then those other smaller stores start to lose money and close.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
-food trucks
-restaurants between your home and work
-the janitor company that cleans after people have been using the building
-the trash company that picks up trash from the building
-mechanics that rely on you putting wear and tear on your car
-the guy that owns vending machines at your building
-gas station that relies on you buying gas and snacks
-when it snows, the guy that's contracted to plow the parking lot at your job

etc....a lot of entities rely on us leaving the house daily

86 the restaurants…. price hikes have discouraged tons of people from eating out on the regular…. even cats that got forced to to do 3 days a week eat out a fraction of the time they did pre pandemic….. Gas stations don’t make money off of gas for real… Their clientele that produces most of their revenue gave zero fukks about the pandemic….

The money saved via not eating out and less wear and tear on your car gets spent elsewhere…. Capitalism ain’t pretty a lot of times…… You’re asking 1000s of employees to give back 4 hours of their day so Willie’s Rib shack and the vending machine man can stay viable? :childplease:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Yall do realize that people who don’t go to the office affect the people who do, directly and/or indirectly.

Do you expect half the population to stay at home and the other half simply “serve” them?

All of the businesses that surround offices make money off the traffic.

There has to be a balance. Jobs are finite. During the pandemic when people were forced to work from home, a lot of other businesses closed.

It seems like everyone wants to be shut off from the world and only come out to eat, party and socialize online.

First malls, then movie theaters, now office buildings.

What’s going to end up happening is foreign companies are going to swoop in, but up all that real estate and extract more wealth from this country.
Business owners wrongfully lay people off all the time due to their bad decisions. I'm sorry if me not going into the office means they have to close so be it. Even if I was going into the office I probably wasn't using their services anyways :yeshrug:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Business owners wrongfully lay people off all the time due to their bad decisions. I'm sorry if me not going into the office means they have to close so be it. Even if I was going into the office I probably wasn't using their services anyways :yeshrug:

Companies will eventually find a way to simply outsource or use AI and the only thing that will be in the office is servers and terminals.

You #workfromhome nikkas are fast tracking your own demise and don't even know it. And yes companies are doing whatever to save a buck, but you all will force them to re-evaluate their entire business model depending on the industry.

ucanthandlethetruth

Failure is not a option
Daps
Reppin
Planet of Hip Hop

:pacspit:

Some of you reading this who worked in an office as of March 19, 2020, probably haven’t been back to that office, at least not full-time, since March 19, 2020. That was the day when then-Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf (remember him?) ordered all non-essential businesses to close. But that was 2020. COVID is, of course, still a thing. But it’s now a thing sort of like the flu and RSV are things. And Philadelphia Mayor Cherelle Parker says enough is enough.

Last week, Parker told many city officials in Philadelphia to get off their couches and back to the office full-time. She fully expects the 25,000 or so other city employees to eventually do the same. And now, Parker has expanded her call, telling all Philly businesses to get their workers back to the office.

She said so at a Wednesday meeting of the Chamber of Commerce of Greater Philadelphia, telling the business owners and executives in attendance that she’ll do everything she can to make sure their employees have a clean and safe Center City to come back to. But, Parker insisted, a bright new future for Center City is “only sustainable” if all those workers head back to the office.

Thanks to COVID, pedestrian traffic in Center City went way, way down, as any Center City store, café, restaurant or bar will attest. But things haveimproved. Pedestrian activity is now up to about 85 percent of what it was before COVID knocked us out. Parker is hoping her back-to-the-office agenda will bring that stat up to 100 percent or even higher.

You can read Parker’s remarks here. One thing’s for sure: She knows how to give a speech.

Thought this was James Brown at first glance.

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You’re not sure whether or not you’re a women? Interesting. :jbhmm:

@gho3st sounds like you have an axe to grind with in-office work. I think hybrid is best, but people are flat out just saying “Nah man, I ain’t doing it.”. :laugh:

I'm sure, it was supposed to be a exclamation mark not a question mark.

But can you answer my question?