Pistons close to deal w/ Stan Van Gundy taking full control

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Even at this stage of his career Tay is a better player than Singler on both ends of the floor, but Tay and Butler at SF though:scust:. I wish they could have kept Tony Mitchell/gave him more minutes/ a chance.
Is Mitchell still in the nba

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
coli what are your thoughts on how stan van gundy has been doing so far?
So far he's grade A in my book. Made a ballsy decision in cutting Josh Smith that proved to pay off and he just made a trade where of it works out we gained a hell of a player without giving up any assets. The great thing about the trade is if it proves to be an absolute disaster then we just improve our draft position and let Jackson walk. All we gave up was a backup pg and a 10th man for him.

Add to this the fact that Stan is a top tier coach that finally has this team looking like they can play competent basketball
He has a pulse on what the team needs since he's in the locker room with these guys and he's managing to get rid of Dumars mistakes without giving up assets. That was Dumars major problem besides terrible signings, trading away valuable picks and players to fix his previous mistakes. Stan seems to understand the value of picks.

Even at this stage of his career Tay is a better player than Singler on both ends of the floor, but Tay and Butler at SF though:scust:. I wish they could have kept Tony Mitchell/gave him more minutes/ a chance.
The idea of Tony Mitchell was much greater than the actual player. Besides the ability to jump really high he showed no valuable basketball skill in his limited playing time. I just don't think there's anything really the to develop and the player Stan got back in Tolliver is a much better basketball player that has contributed big in some wins since coming here. Even if we don't keep Tolliver long term he's showing how that type of player can thrive in SVG's system. I consider Mitchell no different than Terrico White or that bum we drafted from Virginia Tech years ago. Great athletes without any real skills to contribute to the team.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So far he's grade A in my book. Made a ballsy decision in cutting Josh Smith that proved to pay off and he just made a trade where of it works out we gained a hell of a player without giving up any assets. The great thing about the trade is if it proves to be an absolute disaster then we just improve our draft position and let Jackson walk. All we gave up was a backup pg and a 10th man for him.

Add to this the fact that Stan is a top tier coach that finally has this team looking like they can play competent basketball
He has a pulse on what the team needs since he's in the locker room with these guys and he's managing to get rid of Dumars mistakes without giving up assets. That was Dumars major problem besides terrible signings, trading away valuable picks and players to fix his previous mistakes. Stan seems to understand the value of picks.

The idea of Tony Mitchell was much greater than the actual player. Besides the ability to jump really high he showed no valuable basketball skill in his limited playing time. I just don't think there's anything really the to develop and the player Stan got back in Tolliver is a much better basketball player that has contributed big in some wins since coming here. Even if we don't keep Tolliver long term he's showing how that type of player can thrive in SVG's system. I consider Mitchell no different than Terrico White or that bum we drafted from Virginia Tech years ago. Great athletes without any real skills to contribute to the team.
Didn't even register we got Tolliver as a result, complaint reneged:ehh:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
i like young dog from Ohio State and dude from Arizona stanley johnson

i dont like reggie jackson either...i swear these coaches/gms do the most backward shyt

dude take too many dumb shots
I'm not a big Reggie Jackson fan either, but there was nothing backwards about what Stan did with this trade. He gave away virtually nothing to kick the tires on a potential free agent acquisition. If he turns out to be a stud when given the reigns to run his own team and leads them to the playoffs then we have the inside track a quality free agent. And if he turns out to be a dud then we politely let him walk away without having to lose any draft picks or young prospects. Plus if he really flames out we may improve our lottery position as well. I think it was a good move with the future in mind by Stan.

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
I'm not a big Reggie Jackson fan either, but there was nothing backwards about what Stan did with this trade. He gave away virtually nothing to kick the tires on a potential free agent acquisition. If he turns out to be a stud when given the reigns to run his own team and leads them to the playoffs then we have the inside track a quality free agent. And if he turns out to be a dud then we politely let him walk away without having to lose any draft picks or young prospects. Plus if he really flames out we may improve our lottery position as well. I think it was a good move with the future in mind by Stan.

i see where you coming from