Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Cornell start c00nin right after his 15 second role in Matrix Revolutions

How the hell is criticizing Barack Obama's presidency "c00ning" when Obama did virtually the exact same stuff that a competent White Democrat would have done in his place?

:mindblown:

Things like this sound more like something Donald Trump would say than a man that understands nuance imo:

Don't know why you shifted to Tavis Smiley like that. West is a true intellectual who became a public voice. Smiley is just a talk show host.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
The reign of Obama did not produce the nightmare of Donald Trump – but it did contribute to it. And those Obama cheerleaders who refused to make him accountable bear some responsibility.

A few of us begged and pleaded with Obama to break with the Wall Street priorities and bail out Main Street. But he followed the advice of his “smart” neoliberal advisers to bail out Wall Street. In March 2009, Obama met with Wall Street leaders. He proclaimed: "I stand between you and the pitchforks. I am on your side and I will protect you", he promised them. And not one Wall Street criminal executive went to jail.

Uh, Cornel West is correct here. Obama had a great opportunity to put the likes of Jamie Diamond in jail.

Also, the increase of Charter schools and the gutting of public schools is another thing his ED Department has gone.

NeoLiberalism and beholden to the banks. We should have saw it.

In Podesta's emails when I saw that Citibank picked out his cabinet a month before the 2008 election and it was 100% accurate :mjcry:

shhh-kull & bones

Judah have I loved, Esau have I hated! -GAWD
Daps
Reppin
BK, USA
Forgot about the article until this conversation but I just remembered Michael Eric Dyson pretty much put the nail in his coffin imo with the article in The Atlantic
The Ghost of Cornel West

Wow talk about irony
:ohhh:Great post (wish I could rep you)

but its interesting reading that article cause I read alot of cornell west in college

I still remember the piece he wrote about the Malcolm X and how the words 'rage/hate' was repeated over and over when he was referring to the great brother

In fact the piece was titled ' Malcolm X and Black Rage'

https://books.google.com/books?id=a...cornell west, Malcom X and black rage&f=false

I mean he really tore into Malcolm and Malcolms' do for self ideology.

Cause he felt that black folk was better off with 'Troskiate/Christian prophetic love' or something to that effect as apposed to Malcolms' platform of separating our selfs from cacs and being autonomous.

He wrote that piece sometime in the 80s as he was starting out his carreer as a colorful degreed/token/c00n negro opologist and fast forward 30 years later under Obama to where he along with Tavis Smiley are scheduling bus tours through black cities to bring awareness to poverty.

Yet I coudnt make this shyt up. On his hillariouly dubbed 'poverty tour' Mr West and Tavis Smiley go around complaining about black folks struggling/being broke after he had pushed all that civil rights/Troskiate rhetoric and shytting on Malcolm for his efforts to get black folks to do for self.

The irony does not end with just that but by reading Dyson's article I just coulnd help notice how many times the words 'rage/hate/animus' was repeated when referring to Mr Cornell 'Troskiate/prophetic christian love-poverty-tour' West himself.

What goes around I guess must come around.

But hey is Obama a corporate cac-globalist puppet who did nothinh for blacks---yes---but Mr Cornell 'Troskiate/prophetic christian love-poverty-tour' West should not be getting mad cause that boy epitomizes all that prophetic cac loving shyt he used to rap about

You didnt want Malcolm type leaders
with rage so dont be a hypocrite now and get mad at your own creation

full

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Here's a secret:

The standard of living is going to drop in America because of globalization, automation, the dropping of trade barriers and so forth.

It doesn't matter who the president is. There are 4 billion people or so in Asia ready to do what we used to do for a fraction of the wage.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
The people in our community who throw West under the bus because he's been critical of Obama's presidency continue to prove that we are obsessed with spectacle (the head of the American empire having melanin) rather than substance (declining Black wealth, pig brutality, expansion of AFRICOM, bombing of African countries, etc....)
And him being thrown under it isn't just because. nikka is an opportunist and we all seen it when he and Smiley got pissed that they didn't get that access they thought they were entitled to after beating the drums leading up to the first run and shyt.

That expansion of AFRICOM is severely overblown. The most that they have done is put SF in the Cape and opened a bit more security cooperation offices. All plays a part in strategic moves to counter the Mandarin influence/infiltration on the continent. Now what I will be critical of is his reduction in PEPFAR funding in countries that desperately needed. BUT, as someone who works closely with these orgs it's not entirely his fault when you offer this funding and countries refuse to spend it. There's really no justification to continue allocating millions just to not be put to use

Last edited:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Cornell always struck me as bitter.

Of course he's bitter

Look at how Obama campaigned and look at what he did in office. Him saying to the banks "I'm on your side" is :scust:

FDR said he welcomed the hatred of the banks and got his own rich ruling class to pay up. In 2009, people were heated and got deflated the bankers got bailed out.

Then again we should have seen it since he got big donations from Wall St.

Last edited:

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Spoken like the father or grandfather of an ignorant Coli member. Not saying Obama was perfect but now I'm starting to think black people didn't deserve him. Ungrateful ignorant b*stards.
soooo....what are all these great things he did for black ppl??

Uncle Hotep

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Spoken like the father or grandfather of an ignorant Coli member. Not saying Obama was perfect but now I'm starting to think black people didn't deserve him. Ungrateful ignorant b*stards.
:mjlol:
I didnt deserve the mercenary war in Syria you right.