PlayStation reports record Q2 in terms of revenue, as PS5 hits 46m

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I'm not going to pretend like Sony is poor but you can't help but to see the backsliding at work here. Sales have to translate to dollars. Year over year, their revenue went up nearly 200 billion yen, or 1.3 billion dollars but their margins are shrinking. Costing too much to keep their grass green.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
These nikkas so damn pathetic :scusthov:

Arguing stock prices now :scusthov:

Completely unrelated to the quality of games coming out of the parties. Id hold Microsoft stock before sony easily but unless youre telling me I can plug that into my tv and play it what the fukk that have to do with this section of the forum :dwillhuh:
Sony stan on Sony stan violence :damn:

Called you nikkas pathetic :wow:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
5% operating margin isn’t good :russell:
The Operating Income is profit. Operating Margin is the profit divided by revenue. Reason it's higher pre 2020 is PS5 hadn't come out yet and the acquisitions of Insomniac and Bungie aren't in it.

The important number is the profit up year over year in the 2nd quarter.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'm not going to pretend like Sony is poor but you can't help but to see the backsliding at work here. Sales have to translate to dollars. Year over year, their revenue went up nearly 200 billion yen, or 1.3 billion dollars but their margins are shrinking. Costing too much to keep their grass green.
can't pass off the bungie purchase to another sector like MS did.

spreading it out over time is probably what they're doing.

I'd be more concerned if the profit dropped while doing all of the purchasing (Which is why the operating margin decreased). To still make more profit in the same quarter compared to a year ago while doing all of the purchasing they are doing is good IMO. That means future results should see an uptick in the operating margins and continued increased operating income/profit.

They're already gonna make a killing this holiday season.

these timed exclusives (well except BG3 which they got for free :pachaha: ), investment in GAAS ( :snoop: ), other potential purchases, and increased spending on their own studios costs money. To still be profitable with all of that shyt going on is a good thing that will see the ROI in the future.

Still not big on the GAAS though. Don't like that shyt.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
5% operating margin isn’t good :russell:

Considering all of the money they've spent and profit being up year over year despite that? Yes it is.

If that's the case, XBox should be disbanded over the Activision Blizzard purchase. But that money didn't come out of their budget.

But hey, what does a nikka with over a milly net worth know :yeshrug:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
You boys started it brother meach :sas1:
Tbf I started it. Some of us want to see the world burn.

some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn.gif

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Considering all of the money they've spent and profit being up year over year despite that? Yes it is.

If that's the case, XBox should be disbanded over the Activision Blizzard purchase. But that money didn't come out of their budget.
That’s not what the guy in charge said.

Totoki also holds Sony's purse strings as the Japanese group's chief financial officer. When presenting quarterly earnings last November, he sounded a note of urgency over the gaming segment's earnings slump.

"Our biggest regret is that we have made a significant downgrade to the operating income forecast" for the second straight quarter, Totoki said during the earnings call.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
These are the facts

When the going gets rough for xbox stans will always pivot back to “Microsoft 🤑” instead of looking at what we’re actually talking about, their lackluster gaming division.

Xbox Q1
hardware -7%
Content/services +13%
Total gaming revenue +9%

PlayStation Q2
PS hardware +60%
Network Services +14%
Total gaming revenue +32%

Larrys are gonna continue to hide the xbox failures behind their parent company, their actual gaming division is spending 80 billion dollars just to see any kind of increase in revenue this year though. And they still won’t post Xbox’s profits lol

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That’s not what the guy in charge said.

that's true if the numbers don't trend upwards, and you won't know that until over time.

my point is to still see increased profit DESPITE all of the extra spending is still a good thing.

Now you just hope that the results of the spending start to materialize.

Scared money don't make none.