PLEASE HELP. My tenants organized and are saying they won't pay rent this month. ALL OF THEM.

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
People are saved by grace & not works because the law was fulfilled. It doesn’t mean that we are not to follow the law, but we are still forgiven with repentance. I really don’t know what you’re trying to argue with me about.

Either way, I still don’t have the same interpretation of those passages so I wouldn’t be breaking law based on that.

I’m not arguing, your argument makes no sense.

Where in scripture does it say that that works are not required when you’re still under the Law? I can thoroughly dismantle this tired argument but please look at the two verses and explain why the same theme is carried in the New and Old Testament that following the law is essential to salvation.

Deuteronomy 6:24-25

24 And the LORD commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the LORD our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as it is at this day.
25 And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.

Revelation 22:14

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Don’t give me theory..give me your beliefs backed by scripture so I can better reconfigure your understanding.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
I’m not arguing, your argument makes no sense.

Where in scripture does it say that that works are not required when you’re still under the Law? I can thoroughly dismantle this tired argument but please look at the two verses and explain why the same theme is carried in the New and Old Testament that following the law is essential to salvation.

Deuteronomy 6:24-25

24 And the LORD commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the LORD our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as it is at this day.
25 And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.

Revelation 22:14

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Don’t give me theory..give me your beliefs backed by scripture so I can better reconfigure your understanding.

I never said that people can claim Christianity and ignore all of its teachings or rules. Yes, faith without works is dead. But works alone ain’t gonna get God’s approval. That’s what the cruxifixction was about. We are saved by grace, not works...but I never said that we can live recklessly and abuse grace. You are clearly bored & making an argument with yourself. I’m done.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Sounds like ppl don’t really own the property and just playing middleman
Real estate barons don't even own the property... hence the "flip" and/or having hundreds of properties. You think they buy them all in cash? The major rental company that owns 500 properties across the world is still paying on a loan.

Rich people don't usually buy things with their own CASH. It's always on credit, even if they got it. Why gamble with your own money?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
nothing wrong with taking out a mortgage at all ... and most people do it right
but when you hear the term "bad landlord" you now have the answer
money, wealth whatever ... doesnt matter if your plan is on shakey legs

I was going to juelz my way into a response but you are right, and you worded it right.
There isnt anything wrong at all and its actually smart
But I'll stick to my guns on the point that, if you expected to rent and make someone else cover the mortgage and now you wanna press for dough ... that neither of yall have. You cant solely blame the broker person trying to rent from you with no money to fall back on.

I dunno how it is in other states ... but say someone doesnt pay. Lets not use this pandemic as part of the example, just normally doesnt pay you for that month.
Everyone says "Being a landlord is so hard!" well here in New York ... you go to court. They are allowed to stay for a month while you figure it all out. They cant be evicted, and they are given a grace period by the judge to pay and straighten things out. After 30 more days by court order you can be removed from the property and wages garnished to pay what you owe. So it only really takes 3 months to get paid by a renter in a worst case scenario. It should rarely come to that if you are a good landlord. Obviously property is a super valuable asset, so people flock to it... but I run my shyt different. Things happen and people need places to stay, if you can afford to be a landlord... you can afford to understand. I dont really care for that American bullshyt "Dis A Bidness" mindset ... that only applies to broke people or insecure a$$holes. If you're paying me basically 20k a year I can easily afford to let you fukk up a few thousand dollars, I would almost expect you to need help or else you wouldnt be in this situation at all.

Your point is valid though and I know what you mean completely. But like I said about where I live.... property and school tax are 1800$ ... I could have nobody live here and electric shut off and thats all I need to pay a year. I can have a house just sit for 1800$ a year... its not a loss but its not a gain either. For me to pretend like I'd sweat at the fact someone didnt pay me for my house thats just sitting would be overkill. Its basically just waiting to make money for me, but not if I owe a mortgage on it. :yeshrug: this is not completely directed at you, but just showing how paying it off, like your best friend did can open a billion doors.
Great reply... But this ain't a guy with one house. I haven't actually heard any of these horror stories being about HOME owners.. It's investment properties.. Multiple units... So what's that mean?? It's not ONE person not paying rent... It's not 5 people late this month... It's not even 10... All the sudden, with two weeks notice... You have 32 motherfukking full apts with 0 of them paying rent.

Now you can invent a scenario where it's 6 units... But at no point, since you bought it, did you ever think the entire unit would be making $0. And wait... It's not sitting around making $0... People still live there. So they using up the space you need to get money... And using up the utilities that's going to cost you money on top of that....

Now maybe he could cover himself in a normal situation where 10 didn't pay, with the other 20.. Maybe he can cover this for 3 months but they also said they ain't paying no back rent too.. He could have a few hundred thousand saved up and that shyt be blown in a matter of months with these type of people... I'll say again... 32 fukking units generating $0 dollars

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
:mjgrin: I'm here for Bootlicking folks talking about "Ohh you shouldn't have lived there, if you couldn't afford to", What place could you afford when you lost your job and got no money? Folks love to see themselves as the landlords in these types of situations. But it literally takes one situation like this, and y'all be the tenants.
I'll answer that cause I said it.........

If you lived in a lower cost area, you'd have more money to save... If you had saved money, you'd be able to cover yourself in the lower cost area, while shyt hit the fan.....

This is something most Americans can't grasp, which is why most live paycheck to paycheck.. But when you tell them to create a budget and cut all the extra shyt out and scale down, they don't wanna do that either.

Well this is where you end up.. And this is from a tenant, who didn't ask his landlord a single question, cause it ain't her fukking problem.