Plus Size Barbie

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Why?

I don't think promoting obesity represents a healthy body image either.

Why not just have something in the middle?

Or, better yet, just leave Barbie alone. Barbie is Barbie...there are other dolls who represent different looks and figures.

Thoughts?

bytch has a triple chin though...not even a double...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/23/plus-size-barbie_n_4492487.html

1486717_10152127866596520_1521190446_n.jpg

Brehnamedwavey

FUEGOLAFLAME
Daps
There needs to be one, not all women will be a fake looking 80 pound woman and I think they are doing this because not every woman looks like a barbie in america anymore. Women come in all shapes and sizes :manny: I wanna see that black obese barbie doe :patrice:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I agree with the brehs and brehettes that say this is not the image to show...I agree that the anorexic barbie is ridiculous and racist, but to have an obese barbie is really promoting obesity as normal, which is not for the many health reasons that are associated with it. I don't care about the looks part, but we need to be trying to save lives and get people away from the corporations fattening us up and takign our money while killing us with their toxic food

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
There needs to be one, not all women will be a fake looking 80 pound woman and I think they are doing this because not every woman looks like a barbie in america anymore. Women come in all shapes and sizes :manny: I wanna see that black obese barbie doe :patrice:

I don't think women have ever looked like Barbie at any point in history. Barbie's a doll...just like women don't look like those Bratz dolls with the oversized heads...or like those new Zombie dolls. I really don't think Barbie is supposed to represent reality...people are reading too much into a doll. They have different dolls in the Barbie family - that have different looks...but Barbie is Barbie...she's unrealistically proportionate, blue eyed and blonde...that's Barbie.