Pooh Shiesty Indicted by Feds. Update: Sentenced to 63 months

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naw, of course there will be outliers. Charging him under the Hobbs Act for this crime not really the norm, and I’m sure his name played some part in it.

I just linked cases with non rappers getting the hit with the Hobbs Act and those aren't the only cases. The common denominator is they're all armed robberies. If you want to say there's a reason they hit him with it it's probably because he committed armed robbery and fired shots at a hotel parking lot. Tourism is the reason they're cracking down.

The other case he had for shooting the security guard in a club is not being handled by the feds. That's a state case. Why didn't they take that over too if they're just targeting rappers?

It's not about being a rapper but the crime he committed.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I just linked cases with non rappers getting the hit with the Hobbs Act and those aren't the only cases. The common denominator is they're all armed robberies. If you want to say there's a reason they hit him with it it's probably because he committed armed robbery and fired shots at a hotel parking lot. Tourism is the reason they're cracking down.

The other case he had for shooting the security guard in a club is not being handled by the feds. That's a state case. Why didn't they take that over too if they're just targeting rappers?

It's not about being a rapper but the crime he committed.

I never said they were just targeting rappers. I’m saying that every scenario that plays out in Miami like the one involving Pooh Shiesty, does not result in defendants being charged with the Hobbs act. So it’s not out of the realm of possibility they used it on him cause it’s high profile. Maybe him being Pooh Shiesty had nothing to do with it, I could definitely be wrong. You wouldn’t know for sure either way though. I think we can all agree he was being reckless and dumb. But his name can effect how he’s treated as well.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Hobbs act violations are used in specific instances, rarely seen pre 2017, when Sessions was appointed to AG. There was a case here in San Diego where someone stole a box of Mexican coca cola from a store, and they charged them with a Hobbs Act violation, federally. Also, in cases where defendants have robbed multiple stores, like Metro PCS or something, or 7-11, the Hobbs act is used. It's heavy handed and a holdover from the Trump administration Justice Department.

raoulduke187

All Star
Daps
that number match could be pure coincidence :yeshrug:these feds trying way too hard to stick it to a brotha

revan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
If the AUSA signs off on it why wouldn't they charge him under the Hobbs Act?

It's not like you're trying to throw random charges at people, they charge you what they believe they will prove that you did.

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
that number match could be pure coincidence :yeshrug:these feds trying way too hard to stick it to a brotha

Chances of it being merely coincidence is extremely low lol.
Think about how much paper money is in circulation and exchanges hands every second never mind everyday.

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
Chances of it being merely coincidence is extremely low lol.
Think about how much paper money is in circulation and exchanges hands every second never mind everyday.
Plus the fact that they have it on video. It's not what they know it's what they can prove.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
feds definitely pick and choose which cases to pick up…and trust and believe his notoriety as a rapper played a part…shyt wouldn’t otherwise be worth their time, this dude ain’t some kinda mob boss or something …or do you honestly think the feds are citing the fukks hobbs act for every low level two bit criminal accused of taking off with a couple pair of sneakers….shyt was caught on camera, local authorities would’ve had trouble wrapping all that shyt up

Nah bruh. Feds go after everyone.

a band director from the most well known HBCU band was sent to the feds in May because they said he mishandled federal funds.