Predict the PS5/XSX Launch Prices (PS5 Confirmed "Digital Edition")

What Are Your Price Predictions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
:picard:

During a recent interview with Japanese economic website Toyo Keizai, ever-charming Ken Kutaragi had this to say about Sony's goal for the PS3: "for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else."

Gonna have to get back on the grind, PS5 edition :mjgrin:

I think I paid nearly 800 for my launch ps3

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
:picard:

During a recent interview with Japanese economic website Toyo Keizai, ever-charming Ken Kutaragi had this to say about Sony's goal for the PS3: "for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else."

Gonna have to get back on the grind, PS5 edition :mjgrin:
Where lying is mandatory, they told their fanboys to get a second job :wow:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think PS5 is going to be 399 anyway you cut it, unless Xbox is 599 or something silly then they'll go with that they'd like to release it at which is 499

If microsoft is smart and really willing to take a big hit, they both launch at 399 and microsoft really forces a "choice" out of early adopters.

I voted 399/399

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Honestly not sure how they would have SSD's and gpus better than 2080ti's in there for 400 bucks, but hey I don't run an electronics company so who knows.

It is an insane value if they do.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Honestly not sure how they would have SSD's and gpus better than 2080ti's in there for 400 bucks, but hey I don't run an electronics company so who knows.

It is an insane value if they do.

:what: they don't.

Who around here is spreading this stupid better than 2080ti shyt ?

The GPU is comparable to 2070 RTX
the CPU is comparable to AMD Ryzen 3700x

still insane value for $400 or $500, but Microsoft and Sony work out special manufacturing deals with AMD and nVidia all the time to keep cost low by buying in bulk

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
:what: they don't.

Who around here is spreading this stupid better than 2080ti shyt ?

The GPU is comparable to 2070 RTX
the CPU is comparable to AMD Ryzen 3700x

still insane value for $400 or $500, but Microsoft and Sony work out special manufacturing deals with AMD and nVidia all the time to keep cost low by buying in bulk
I've read multiple analysis that said benchmarks were comparable to a 2080, namely Digital Foundry that I recall off my head.

My only point was it's very strong for 4-500 dollars. My 2070 cost me like 400 by itself lol.

Getting an SSD and something in the ballpark of a 2080 for 4-500 is great value.

What's the word on the 3080 is that going to drop this year?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I've read multiple analysis that said benchmarks were comparable to a 2080, namely Digital Foundry that I recall off my head.

My only point was it's very strong for 4-500 dollars. My 2070 cost me like 400 by itself lol.

Getting an SSD and something in the ballpark of a 2080 for 4-500 is great value.

What's the word on the 3080 is that going to drop this year?

I think the 3080 will drop around November this year 3070 and 3080 and 3080 ti in super limited quantities (buy quick as resell value will probably be insane..)

3060 will be around every where I bet.

I think people are trying to compare it to a 2080 instead of a 2070 because its AMD and more comparable to a 5700 rx but AMD is notorious for having a bunch of higher numbers than nVidia and be less performing. Its always been that way. It will definitely be on a par with a 2070 and thats great.

These are probably the best overall value for next gen consoles that have released so far. The Ps4 and xbox1 were so far behind PC's by time of release it was embarassing. These new consoles on release day will probably out perform majority of people PC's as most people aren't running 1440p/60 fps (if thats what the games are aiming for). the current high end pc's which is the exception not the rule, already out perform the next gen consoles but this is first time in history I think the consoles will out perform the average person PC, until about 2022

Sony and Microsoft seemed to have applied pressure to AMD to get their shyt together this next release.

The only thing that is kind of scammy is that both xbox and ps5 now both use AMD for their CPU and GPU and have phased nVidia out of the console market so im not sure if their will be an extreme hardware noticable difference this time around. You might just honestly be buying off brand loyalty this time around :ld:

prior nvidia used to handle playstation gpu and IBM playstation cpu, and amd used to handle xbox so it was more diverse hardware being passed around instead of just comparing teraflops as both now use AMD :snoop: the consoles themselves worked very differently hardware wise.