Prime Duncan Vs Current Jokić. Who Wins?

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Timmy is a top 5 player OAT, basically stopped the most dominant player to ever play in prime Shaq from 4-peating. Handed another top 10 (top 3 actually) all-time player in LeBron multiple finals losses, 1 of them one of the most lopsided ass-whoopings EVER in 2007. 15x all nba AND all-defense. Not even a debate to be had IMO :yeshrug:
The man was so legendary he sent Pop to announce his retirement these dudes tripping.

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have always said Tim Duncan is a Center and will always be a Center. But I'm going to take a little sidenote

I think if Duncan played for another team/coach you would have seen Duncan as a more offensive force. But Duncan was so elite defensively and was able to put his ego aside to play in more of Pop's system

Look at him at Wake Forrest. I really feel if was coached by someone that let him dominate more offensively, people wouldn't even dare to make these comparisons to Jokic. Personally, Jokic gets his against Tim, but Tim ultimately dominates Jokic

@Fresh @Panthro11

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
It would be close either way but I got Big Fundamentals by a hair.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Definitely Duncan. Duncan is an ALL-TIME GREAT on the defensive end. Defense is an important part of the game.

Offensively Duncan isn't the passer or shooter Jokic is, but you can still run an efficient offense though Duncan in the post or at the elbow, and Duncan will easily give you a 30-15 game.

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2007 the Cavs only lost by 24 combined points, you're thinking about 2014----->when Duncan wasn't even Duncan anymore...

He managed to get a Finals win over early prime LeBron and took an L as a #2 to Peak LeBron...

We gotta stop calling Shaq tge most dominant player ever. He wasn't that in real time, I never bought it, that was straight up NBA Media marketing. Nothing suggests he was more dominant than Wilt---->he wasn't a more dominant scorer, rebounder, passer, or defender than Wilt. He didn't peak as high as Wilt...

And he wasn't more dominant than LeBron, Mike, Kareem, and probably not Peak Bird. Didn't peak as high as those first three guys...

Shaq is very likely not even one of the 5 most dominant players ever, he's at BEST 5th. I've never believed this and I remember NBA Media pushing this bullshyt in real time when he was beating up on playoff chokers in the West and eating up the weakest East teams ever in The Finals...

"The most dominant player ever" in G5 of the '04 Finals had 20 and 8 in a closeout game with his season on the line...

That Pistons front line was historically elite and I could forgive a Finals meltdown as a massive favorite if this was the only time this ever happened to him. As it turns out, this wasn't an anomaly in his career...

Yall bout to make me create this Shaq thread...

Duncan definitely arguably Top 5 but we ain't gotta gas the resume...

Shaq was more dominant than LeBron

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Jokic has one of the highest basketball IQs ever. 1 v 1 TD probably wins, in a team setting I give Joker the edge because he can make plays with and without the ball.