Prime Duncan Vs Current Jokić. Who Wins?

Daps
I guess everyone forgets how Dirk, Pau & Amare used to son Timmy :mjlol:

Timmy is an ATG but he was getting done dirty 1 on 1, but had a complete team around him

Amare used to hang his nuts on Tim head, repeatedly...I know bc I watched it!
To be fair there was a stretch of like 3-4 years where Dirk was completely unstoppable, I don't agree with the rest of that shyt tho. I can't think of a single player that would've been able to stop dirk during those years.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
To be fair there was a stretch of like 3-4 years where Dirk was completely unstoppable, I don't agree with the rest of that shyt tho. I can't think of a single player that would've been able to stop dirk during those years.
Nah he is right. Amare killed him in that 05 matchup.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Call me crazy, but I'll take Joker

Can score at all 3 levels, makes his FTs, best passer in the league, can run an offense

Can rebound at the same level as Timmy

And for the record, Timmy was a C most of his career!
Best passer in the league is a reach

Duncan is 10x the defender and could play PF just as efficiently

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
If we thinking about it if you picking somebody historically to guard Jokic who would be a better option than Timmy?

Mobile and athletic enough to guard him outside and up high and strong and skilled to match up with him in the post.

Joker would still do his thing though but Tim is a problem for him and anybody else

Ben Wallace would lock Jokic up, shyt would be laughable at how bad too.

B1G_controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Jokic plays no defense though, give me Duncan any day

We gotta stop with the narrative Joker doesn't play def...he's actually a good defender, rarely out of position

No, he can't defend superstar perimeter players 1:1, but no big in this era can do that consistently

the kid

Real Esquire, Not the Magazine
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
Jokic might be the best passer of all time. He is also a much better shooter and scorer. To act like Duncan is a way better player than Jokic is laughable. The only thing Duncan has on Jokic is defense. That's it.
This is what frustrates me to no end. N!GGA DEFENSE IS HALF THE GAME. Jokic is an open door on defense. Hes not even mediocre. He’s a bad defender. You can’t say “he only got him on the defensive end“ when one guy is an all time great anchor on the defensive end and the other guy is terrible.

• Dap
Reactions: OsO

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
This is what frustrates me to no end. N!GGA DEFENSE IS HALF THE GAME. Jokic is an open door on defense. Hes not even mediocre. He’s a bad defender. You can’t say “he only got him on the defensive end“ when one guy is an all time great anchor on the defensive end and the other guy is terrible.
Jokic being a bad defender is a blatant lie. He is average. Not elite. But he isn't going to hurt you on that end. If you watched him in last years playoffs you wouldn't be saying that shyt. Jokic is an all time great offensive player. To act like this isn't a legit conversation is laughable.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I have always said Tim Duncan is a Center and will always be a Center. But I'm going to take a little sidenote

I think if Duncan played for another team/coach you would have seen Duncan as a more offensive force. But Duncan was so elite defensively and was able to put his ego aside to play in more of Pop's system

Look at him at Wake Forrest. I really feel if was coached by someone that let him dominate more offensively, people wouldn't even dare to make these comparisons to Jokic. Personally, Jokic gets his against Tim, but Tim ultimately dominates Jokic