Producer Syk Sense says Kendrick's new album is hard not jazzy

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
King Kendrick going for the 4 peat :wow:

No one should expect tpab 2, thats a masterpiece that shouldn't be recreated.

Exactly.

Just like he didn't do the GKMC sound again.

Only thing is I hope he doesn't COMPLETELY abandon the jazzy sound as I really feel as if he's mastered it. If maybe only 1-2 tracks per album have that vibe I'll be satisfied.

Last edited:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gotdamn I heard he was working with Metro boomin after he released untitled. I fukk with Jazzy Kenny but Kenny on some hard shyt :banderas: It be dope seeing him on a track with thugger because I know kenny can get nasty with the flow when he wants to.

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
Gotdamn I heard he was working with Metro boomin after he released untitled. I fukk with Jazzy Kenny but Kenny on some hard shyt :banderas: It be dope seeing him on a track with thugger because I know kenny can get nasty with the flow when he wants to.

giphy.gif

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Exactly.

Just like he didn't do the GKMC sound again.

Only thing is I hood he doesn't COMPLETELY abandon the jazzy sound as I really feel as if he's mastered it. If maybe only 1-2 tracks per album have that vibe I'll be satisfied.

I feel like most of his stuff has had a jazzy vibe. GKMC prob the only major project he's had that didn't have any jazz, unless my memory is off.

So I'm sure this album will have some keys or something. But like others have said he never does the same thing twice. I was thinking about how Big Sean and most of these other rappers just release the same album over and over: some radio hits, some trap, and some filler and that's that. TDE deserves a lot of credit for their artists experimenting and doing different shyt.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I loved King Kunta but they overhyped it a tad. Still in rotation tho

The story is that originally the beat was way crazier with even more layers, and Kendrick told Sounwave to strip it to the bass line and just a couple layers. Sounwave did an interview (I think with Spin) and said the original might be released on day. He made it sound like it was some Issac Hayes shyt initially with the Shaft type riffs lol.

Roxx the King

www.RoxxAlott.com
Daps
Reppin
Norfolk, VA
The story is that originally the beat was way crazier with even more layers, and Kendrick told Sounwave to strip it to the bass line and just a couple layers. Sounwave did an interview (I think with Spin) and said the original might be released on day. He made it sound like it was some Issac Hayes shyt initially with the Shaft type riffs lol.
Thats what I remember hearing too. I still love the song but yea

Roxx the King

www.RoxxAlott.com
Daps
Reppin
Norfolk, VA
I feel like most of his stuff has had a jazzy vibe. GKMC prob the only major project he's had that didn't have any jazz, unless my memory is off.

So I'm sure this album will have some keys or something. But like others have said he never does the same thing twice. I was thinking about how Big Sean and most of these other rappers just release the same album over and over: some radio hits, some trap, and some filler and that's that. TDE deserves a lot of credit for their artists experimenting and doing different shyt.
I listened to GKMC this morning in fact and it does have a jazzy vibe, but not as overt as TPAB

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

this...he's been doing that TPAB sound but he took it to the next level on TPAB

Last edited:

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
Kendrick and thug switching voices together would be some funny shyt