Professional sports Teams who will always be #1 in their city

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
The Mariners are #1 unless the seahawks are on a title run, from my 15 years here. I went to four Ms games in the last 2 weeks...and the stadium was pretty full for the weekend games, especially yesterday. Even when they was trash the games were still fun and they were still in the convo.

The official hat is the mariners hat

I will say, when the sonics come back there will be a real discussion for the #1 spot because seattle is a hoop city first and foremost
the mariners are the team of old seattle (the cacs and asians who have been here for 30+ years), the hawks are the team of new seattle and their rise coincided with the second Seattle tech boom.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
the mariners are the team of old seattle (the cacs and asians who have been here for 30+ years), the hawks are the team of new seattle and their rise coincided with the second Seattle tech boom.
well i suppose i'm new seattle (not tech, but same time period), but black old seattle fukks with the Mariners too, i see them at games. Agreed though, that mariners are by far #1 for old seattle heads

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Baltimore is the Ravens, and it really isn't close.Indianapolis I'd say Pacers
And Pittsburgh doesn't even need 2 other sports teams, that's how far ahead Steelers are

Orioles have been bad for years until last year but they are an extremely popular team in Baltimore historically

Last edited:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Thé Teams who will always be the most popular/revelant/most followed/most talked about franchise in their city. The Teams who are the crown jewel of their city sports scene . The franchises who literally print the most money in their city.

The Lakers in LA, Eagles in Philly, Bears in Chicago, Heat in Miami, Braves in Atlanta, Saints in New Orleans, Seahawks in Seattle, Cowboys in Dallas, Astros in Houston, Knicks in NY, Vikings in Minnesota, Cardinals in St.Louis, Maple Leafs in Toronto, etc

Continue the list
The bolded can be unseated, and the Knicks aren't #1.
Yankees are number one in NY.

Yankees will never be dethrone
Football is itself is too big for this to be clear cut. If the Yankees fail to make a World Series still while the Giants actually became a consistently good team instead of Cinderella, it would be the Giants easily.

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
Baltimore's a weird city (in many ways...:laugh: but I can say that :hmm:): I think at its core it's a football town. Look at the history of the Colts, that 1958 championship, Unitas, Moore, Shula, Donovan and them...they were really a part of the city, not just pro athletes who happened to play there. And of course, the Ravens' arrival (and general success) just solidified that.

Also, the way the city embraced the Stallions (CFL team) was :wow:. I remember even the players were stunned by how royally they were treated.

But the O's have a storied history of their own, and also filled the void pretty well after the Colts left. Fall of 2012 was the first time I could remember them being the A1 sports story over the Ravens, 'cause that was the first time they made the postseason in 15 years.

As hype as the 2 SB celebrations were, if the O's were to win one...man. I think the city would implode, in a good way. Hard to believe, but they've gone 41 years and counting without a title (6th-longest active drought).