PS5 sells 59.3 million units, Helldivers 2 sells over 12m units (fastest selling PS First Party game), Profit and Revenue up double digits

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
@Rekkapryde we just got in the mouth with some money :blessed:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Good numbers for Playstation, and I think pacing wise it's outpacing PS4 in the US due to them snatching xbox crowd imo. However, we aren't saying the same trend elsewhere

Also, we should def leave stock talk out of this because if you're into stocks you'll put whatever you can into Microsoft. However, Xbox doesn't have anything to do with Microsoft stock because it's performance is about everything that's not xbox. Plus, the Activision pruchase def put shareholders on the we better see some results because that $70 billion could've gone to cloud and AI

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Good numbers for Playstation, and I think pacing wise it's outpacing PS4 in the US due to them snatching xbox crowd imo. However, we aren't saying the same trend elsewhere

Also, we should def leave stock talk out of this because if you're into stocks you'll put whatever you can into Microsoft. However, Xbox doesn't have anything to do with Microsoft stock because it's performance is about everything that's not xbox. Plus, the Activision pruchase def put shareholders on the we better see some results because that $70 billion could've gone to cloud and AI
you contradicted yourself here. You claim investors don’t care about xbox, but then say they do care about the activision purchase, which means they do care about xbox :usure:

If they thought xbox was failing and burning money it would be reflected in the price.

Xbox now makes more money than windows. You telling me investors don’t care about Windows???

Lotta yall takes are straight outa 2006. It’s a whole new world out there.

As for sony, they’ve been in free fall for almost 24 months now. As they break console sales records and win the console war, investors have had little confidence in them actually making money. Even yesterdays positive reaction doesn’t make up for what they lost just in the last month.

These forum narratives that get thrown around here and elsewhere are not reflected in real life.

Which is why sony stan’s have a problem understanding why Phil Spencer would be getting promoted and Jim Ryan pushed out. :wow:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
you contradicted yourself here. You claim investors don’t care about xbox, but then say they do care about the activision purchase, which means they do care about xbox :usure:

If they thought xbox was failing and burning money it would be reflected in the price.

Xbox now makes more money than windows. You telling me investors don’t care about Windows???

Lotta yall takes are straight outa 2006. It’s a whole new world out there.

As for sony, they’ve been in free fall for almost 24 months now. As they break console sales records and win the console war, investors have had little confidence in them actually making money. Even yesterdays positive reaction doesn’t make up for what they lost just in the last month.

These forum narratives that get thrown around here and elsewhere are not reflected in real life.

Which is why sony stan’s have a problem understanding why Phil Spencer would be getting promoted and Jim Ryan pushed out. :wow:
Not really. They didn't care until they had to spend $70billion, which made them actually take a look at the xbox operation. This resulted in them going multiplatform route because they realized they have to get back return quicker to balance the books.

Investing wise windows is pretty much maximized and not enough growth to affect stock prices. However, the major reason for Microsoft stock value is not much to do with xbox and windows and more so cloud and ai. Shareholders aren't investing in Microsoft for their xbox and even windows effort, but it's for everything else.

Stock wise there is no way I am putting money into Sony if I am looking into growth because there are much better companies to invest in.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Not really. They didn't care until they had to spend $70billion, which made them actually take a look at the xbox operation. This resulted in them going multiplatform route because they realized they have to get back return quicker to balance the books.
So they do care about xbox :ehh:

And you are incorrect about “balancing the books”

That’s not how acquisitions work. It’s a valuable asset. There is no “balancing the books” when it comes to an asset acquisition.
Investing wise windows is pretty much maximized and not enough growth to affect stock prices. However, the major reason for Microsoft stock value is not much to do with xbox and windows and more so cloud and ai. Shareholders aren't investing in Microsoft for their xbox and even windows effort, but it's for everything else.

But you just said they did care above :dahell:

There’s no way to argue that investors don’t care about a $70bn purchase and microsoft 3rd largest division.

Xbox is no longer just a side project it is a major pillar to microsoft business.

Stock wise there is no way I am putting money into Sony if I am looking into growth because there are much better companies to invest in.
Which is their current problem. Console market has been shrinking for almost two decades now. Selling more consoles than xbox means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
@Rekkapryde we just got in the mouth with some money :blessed:

ecuarenta-legendsofthebay.gif

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
However, the major reason for Microsoft stock value is not much to do with xbox and windows and more so cloud and ai. Shareholders aren't investing in Microsoft for their xbox and even windows effort, but it's for everything else.
Yup. Exactly why I bought MS stock. Hopefully they ditch Phil and the Gang.
Got in on Sony at 14 bucks a share. I'm at let it sit mode until retirement.