PS5 teardown confirms Wi-Fi 6 and SuperSpeed USB, unlike Xbox Series X/S’s slower alternatives

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wifi 6 isn't going to give 99 percent of people faster speeds.

What it will do is allow more devices connected with over all better speeds. It's nice for gaming in that aspect because most time people have like 7 things connected and wonder why it's slow even though they have "good" internet.

People don't know the difference in 2.5ghz vs 5ghz wifi no way they are going to know the difference between wifi 5 and 6 besides the bigger numbers.

Wifi 6 will be standard in a few years. Just like the move from a/b to g to n to a/c etc
In companies maybe...

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York
How good are those? Looking into upgrading my home networking system and trying to find a good modem and router combo.
Google WiFi is solid. No issues inside of the house. The range outside is suspect though. I read it’s better with the new Nest WiFi.

I paid around $250 for a 3 pack around the time it came out and don’t see a need to upgrade unless I can get a trade in credit for the new version.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Wifi 6 isn't going to give 99 percent of people faster speeds.

What it will do is allow more devices connected with over all better speeds. It's nice for gaming in that aspect because most time people have like 7 things connected and wonder why it's slow even though they have "good" internet.

People don't know the difference in 2.5ghz vs 5ghz wifi no way they are going to know the difference between wifi 5 and 6 besides the bigger numbers.

In companies maybe...

:sas2:

Placing my order now :wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
ps5_console_upright_1-600x400.jpg

PS5 teardown confirms Wi-Fi 6 and SuperSpeed USB, unlike Xbox Series X/S’s slower alternatives

October 07, 2020 Sherif Saed

The PS5 has the Xbox Series X/S beat in certain, surprising departments.

Sony officially showed the innards of the PlayStation 5 today in the console’s first teardown video. Apart from all the talk about about how giant the unit is, its fan size and all that jazz, the teardown also confirmed a couple of smaller, but important details.

link:
PS5 teardown confirms Wi-Fi 6 and SuperSpeed USB, unlike Xbox Series X/S's slower alternatives - VG247
I would hard wire my consoles to the router. Also since you have to use the SSD for new games I don’t mind it not having faster USB. The lack of type-c is weird.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

October 07, 2020 Sherif Saed

The PS5 has the Xbox Series X/S beat in certain, surprising departments.

Sony officially showed the innards of the PlayStation 5 today in the console’s first teardown video. Apart from all the talk about about how giant the unit is, its fan size and all that jazz, the teardown also confirmed a couple of smaller, but important details.

link:
PS5 teardown confirms Wi-Fi 6 and SuperSpeed USB, unlike Xbox Series X/S's slower alternatives - VG247
So you're hyping the wifi and the usb ports?
825tb SSD before subtractions, weaker cpu and gpu, no VRR and Ray tracing at same time, they haven't the term "native 4k" yet including when describing the consoles capabilities.

But hey, at least you can charge your extra expensive controller faster but you'll still have to replace it once the battery dies. Speaking of which, that controller will use up and kill batteries much faster thanks to haptic feedback...
It's gonna take some time no doubt but having it already there is a good thing.
nikka you never uttered the word usb6 until after this reveal, stfu :laff:

Like 100%, GTFOH

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
825tb SSD before subtractions, weaker cpu and gpu, no VRR and Ray tracing at same time, they haven't the term "native 4k" yet including when describing the consoles capabilities.

But hey, at least you can charge your extra expensive controller faster but you'll still have to replace it once the battery dies. Speaking of which, that controller will use up and kill batteries much faster thanks to haptic feedback...

Like 100%, GTFOH
065.gif

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps

Like 100%, GTFOH
are you a real life plumber? :skip:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
How good are those? Looking into upgrading my home networking system and trying to find a good modem and router combo.

Separate them and you'll have a better time. It'll cost more, but if people want performance they gotta adapt.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I'm never going to knock forward thinking tech but the only online playing that gets played in my house Fortnite and Sea of Thieves with my kids. They are good with want we have now. I got Comcast's fastest speed with unlocked caps.

I get 197.2 Mbps down and 10.8 up on my Lenovo Yoga 720. The wifi standard on this is 802.11ac. Most people won't notice the difference in the transition. I assume that to largely be the case for usb as well.