PS5 teardown confirms Wi-Fi 6 and SuperSpeed USB, unlike Xbox Series X/S’s slower alternatives

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
That's cool and all, but if you game on WiFi, you're not that serious anyway. With the expensive storage situations, better USB is good though. Could be useful in the future. Just ordered a 3.1 enclosure to pop my One X's SSD in to use with my Series X.
You're coming from a standpoint that every owner of a console has a choice where their modem goes. If the modem isn't in the same room as the console, wifi'll be the way.

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
You're coming from a standpoint that every owner of a console has a choice where their modem goes. If the modem isn't in the same room as the console, wifi'll be the way.
People act like long Ethernet cables don't exist. I have a cable running down to my desktop in my basement. Again, WiFi is for the casual. Or lazy, maybe.:manny: If all you play is single player, oh well, but if you play MP on WiFi, you're doing it wrong.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
"SuperSpeed USB" :heh:

Is this 2010? Nikkas bragging about SS USB???? :russell:

And it's going to take another 5 years before Wifi 6 is something people are looking out for. And by then all of the early adopters / techies are going to be onto 6E.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
"SuperSpeed USB" :heh:

Is this 2010? Nikkas bragging about SS USB???? :russell:

And it's going to take another 5 years before Wifi 6 is something people are looking out for. And by then all of the early adopters / techies are going to be onto 6E.
065.gif

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
People act like long Ethernet cables don't exist. I have a cable running down to my desktop in my basement. Again, WiFi is for the casual. Or lazy, maybe.:manny: If all you play is single player, oh well, but if you play MP on WiFi, you're doing it wrong.
Again, you're assuming here. What if it's a kid and the parents don't want to be bothered getting a long ass ethernet cable? There's that good ass wifi again. :francis:

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
Again, you're assuming here. What if it's a kid and the parents don't want to be bothered getting a long ass ethernet cable? There's that good ass wifi again. :francis:

Do you think Xbox owners mind a cable along their house when they literally have roaches doing tournaments and rats betting on them?

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Then they'll be free on Fortnite. Lauce.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Wifi still a half duplex technology...

I understand wifi 6 should bring it to full duplex but it looks more like a workaround instead of actual data going in one way and out one way...

Plus..wifi will always be successible to interference there the router has to make frequency adjustments which ca result in lost or delayed packets...

I would still say game on wire. Even if u plug it over electric current.