Pusha T Celebrates Clipse Being Honored With Their Own Day In Washington, D.C.

KingsOfKings

𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞 𝕄𝕖𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥
Daps
pusha-t-celebrates-clipse-being-honored-with-their-own-day-in-washington-dc-1200x675.jpg

"WASHINGTON, D.C. - Clipse have accomplished a whole lot in their two decades as a duo, but brothers Pusha T and No Malice have recently received maybe their biggest honor yet — their own day in the nation’s capital.
Pusha posted a recap on Instagram on Saturday (November 25) of the group’s big Washington, D.C. trip, which happened earlier this month.

The two-day stint began with a live interview for the media company Idea Generation. The sit-down was conducted by Hip Hop media veteran Noah Callahan-Bever, who shared on social media that his first interview with the brothers happened more than 20 years earlier in June of 2002.

The following day, Clipse performed at D.C.’s Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. The show was part of Kennedy Center Hip Hop’s ‘Hometown Heroes, Global Icons’ series celebrating artists from the DMV region. The show was billed as “A Survivors Celebration.”

On Saturday, Pusha looked back at the whole experience. He pointed out one more major highlight: the day of their Kennedy Center performance turned into “Pusha T & The Clipse Day” in the city.

“11/16 – 11/17, WASHINGTON DC,” he captioned the photos. “IDEA GENERATION SIT-DOWN, CLIPSE AT THE KENNEDY CENTER, ROSEBAR AFTERPARTY. ‘A SURVIVORS CELEBRATION…’

“From starting the weekend with @n_c_b and the good people @ideageneration to gracing the stage of the world famous @kennedycenter, thank you Washington DC for embracing us as your own.

“Special thanx to @themarcbarnesdc and @theparkat14th, @mrtonylewisjr and Tony Lewis Sr. for the heartfelt show intro, and @mayor_bowser for naming Nov. 17th ‘Clipse Day’ in the nations capital.”

402313259_18398833891053210_3413028908328447090_n.jpg

402275094_18398833900053210_5719993990232218809_n.jpg

The “Pusha T & The Clipse Day” honor, which consisted of a proclamation signed by Mayor Bowser, was awarded to the group by Latoya Foster, director of the DC Office of Cable Television, Film, Music & Entertainment.

This is not Clipse’s first major moment in D.C. The group had their first performance in a decade at their good friend Pharrell’s Something In The Water festival in Washington, D.C. in June of last year.

During Skateboard P’s headlining “Pharrell & Phriends” set — which also boasted cameos from T.I. and N.O.R.E. — the brothers Thornton produced one of the highlights of the entire three-day festival by hitting the stage to perform “Like I Love You” with fellow special guest Justin Timberlake.

The Virginia Beach duo stuck around and dusted off fan-favorite cuts from their own catalog including “Mr. Me Too,” “Cot Damn” and “Grindin,’” with Malice embracing coke rap bars like, “Break down keys into dimes and sell them like gobstoppers.”

Pusha T Celebrates Clipse Being Honored With Their Own Day In Washington, D.C.[

Hov

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Virginia Beach is part of the DMV (Greater D.C. area) now? :ohhh:
No way no how it’s way to far to even be remotely possible

But Pusha T has been out in DC since I was a teenager and I’m mad old and I know a lot of older solid dudes and community leaders and influencers etc that rock with Pusha personally so much that it sometimes feels like he’s actually from here to me