Pusha-T Says He’s Working On Three New Projects & Collaborating With Tyler

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
Pusha-T Says He's Working On Three New Projects & Collaborating With Tyler, The Creator | Genius

He’s also got some songs with Madlib in the works.
While the COVID-19 epidemic is upending the music industry and confining millions of people to their homes, it’s also jump-starting the creative process for many artists. One rapper who isn’t hitting the brakes is Pusha-T. During a recent AMA-style Discord discussion with fans, the Virginia MC revealed that he has three separate projects in the works, including collaborations with some big names.

“I’m actually working on three projects right now,” he said. “So, you know, with everything that’s going on in the world right now, of course we’re not all together. But I’m well in on my next project.” He doesn’t plan to have many features, either. “It’s looking kind of selfish right now, to be honest,” he said. “I got a lot to say, man. A lot’s went on. A lot to address.”

He is, however, getting some beats from none other than Tyler, The Creator. He told fans that unlike the alternative sound of IGOR, Tyler is making more traditional beats for him.

“Tyler gave me a pack of like nine [beats]. I think I did like four of ‘em. And I don’t know where they’re gonna end up at, but I got 'em… I make him go straight hip-hop, like, full-fledged. It’s full ignorance with me,” he revealed. “I don’t want to experiment. I want to do only the filthiest of hip-hop these days.”

The two rappers previously collaborated on 2011’s “Trouble On My Mind.” Push also rapped over one of Tyler’s beats on “Oooh,” a track from the 2011 Play Cloths Holiday Mixtape

Last year, Madlib told Complex that he was in the lab with Push, a fact that the G.O.O.D. Music president confirmed without offering too many specifics.

“We’re cooking,” he hinted. “That’s really all I can really say about it… You know, with me and producers, to me it’s like I’m going to school. So he’s just like another teacher to me.” Although Madlib has never produced a Pusha-T track before, they did work together on Freddie Gibbs‘ 2019 song, “Palmolive.”

Pusha-T’s last album, DAYTONA, dropped in 2018, and earned the rapper a Grammy nomination for Best Rap Album. Since then, he’s linked up with Kash Doll and Lauryn Hill for the respective singles “Sociopath” and “Coming Home.” He also launched his new, Virginia-based label Heir Wave Music Group.

Check out the full Discord chat above and catch up on all the lyrics to DAYTONA on Genius now.

Correction: A previous version of this article stated that Pusha-T has never rapped over one of Tyler’s beats. Tyler produced 2011’s “Oooh,” a track from Pusha’s ‘Play Cloths Holiday Mixtape.’

Upvote
0, 'voting-total--negative': voteable.votes_total < 0, 'voting-total--animate_press': !!voteable.current_user_metadata.interactions.vote }" ng-click="voteTotalClicked()" style="box-sizing: border-box; padding-top: 0.25rem; padding-bottom: 0.25rem; border: 0.15rem solid transparent; color: rgb(14, 203, 39); overflow-wrap: break-word; word-break: break-word; transition: background-color 0.3s ease 0s, border-color 0.3s ease 0s; background: 0px 0px; border-radius: 0px; cursor: pointer; display: inline-block; font-size: 1rem; line-height: 1.4rem; text-align: center; vertical-align: top; -webkit-appearance: none; font-feature-settings: "tnum"; user-select: none;">+6
COMMENTS

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
People secretive with the music like their event artists. Just drop it when it’s ready.

LevelUp

🧞🪔 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙢𝙥 🧞🪔
Daps
Only two replies. COLI SMH.

Sinister

Banned
Daps
Only two replies. COLI SMH.
For the most part many Pusha "fans" only like him when he's beefing.

I remember plain as day pre every day struggle days Ak flat out saying he just "doesn't like Push" and on Everyday struglle Nadeska being very excited about the prospect of a Push album and Ak and Joe not caring.

LevelUp

🧞🪔 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙢𝙥 🧞🪔
Daps

The Connoisseurs

Superstar
Daps
It’s Brazy that he’s not trying to go on any experimental/non-traditional beats I think that’s where he would thrive on hell hath no fury was basically all left field beats his and malice’s voice shined on it that album is also one of Tyler’s favorite albums Which gave him inspiration... it would’ve been dope if they were in the Stu together and went brazy
:yeshrug:

Switch

All Star
Daps
Didn’t realise it’s been around 2 years since Daytona dropped

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I look forward to them

The last person who made a promise like this is Cam'ron so I take these claims with a grain of salt...especially seeing how king Push turned out
King Push dropped though