Put me on baseball brehs

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
I need another sport to follow besides basketball. Handegg doesn't interest me :francis: so baseball wins by default. I'm a C's fan so i plan on becoming a Red Sox fan. Help a breh get some better understanding of the players and who I should know.

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
First find out what everything means in the game like OPS and other shyt

If you into game systems get a MLB game play a short season

Go to a game in real life

Read about the history like the fact that Babe Ruth was a Black Man

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If football isn't peaking any interest for you then there's no point to watching baseball. But like other poster in here said, if you're a racist cac then you'll fit right in with the Sox crowd

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I'm trying to be more open minded in life :mjgrin:
Seriously, though. Try soccer or some other international sport.
I tried with soccer after the World Cup had me all hyped up, but I couldnt get past the ties. I know its a dumb American problem, but I tried watching the Premier League after that last World Cup...picked a team to stan and everything. Their record was something like 1-2-7 10 games in and I gave up.

Cricket and rugby look wacky. Probably worth checking out if you can figure out the rules.

Last edited:

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
I need another sport to follow besides basketball. Handegg doesn't interest me :francis: so baseball wins by default. I'm a C's fan so i plan on becoming a Red Sox fan. Help a breh get some better understanding of the players and who I should know.
Honestly, watch hockey. It's underrated.

onthereal

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I played baseball for 12 years and even I find the game slow and boring to watch. With that said, playoff baseball is fantastic as the game has a very rich history (i.e. The Cubs winning for the first time in 80 years). I wouldn't commit to a full season but playoffs are worth a watch.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
I just became a fan last season. shyt is lit. :whoo:

A few pointers:
  1. Follow one team and only one team. I never understood the concept of "baseball is a regional sport" until I really started watching the game. Watching one team allows you to become more vested in the game. Way too much complexity and too many players to give a shyt about or even watch more than one team. I can probably name at least two players on every NBA team. I can't even name one player on every team in my favorite MLB team's division.
  2. Start by watching an inning or two here and there. You don't have to sit through the entire game to enjoy it. They can be long as fukk. I tend to have games on in the background and tune in sporadically as I'm doing shyt throughout the house.
  3. Get MLB.TV - the best and least expensive streaming platform in all of the major US sports.

Fly

Superstar
Daps
You're better off getting into hockey than baseball if you like basketball

it's essentially basketball on ice, but faster and more intense than basketball. everytime the opposing team gets the puck into your team's zone you'll be like :lupe: