Question:Why did it take kobe until 5 years in the league to be first team ALL NBA?

Roger king

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
If people are going to claim you are second in ranking only to jordan and are ahead of the duncans, magic johnsons, kareems then you shouldnt have to be in the 5th year in the league before you are a first team ALL NBA caliber player . Luka doncic was first team all nba within two years of his drafting, duncan was first team all nba one year in the league

Roger king

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I think 03 was the first real “Kobe” year them other years he was still kinda in Shaq shadow
In the 2002 season kobe played 82 games out of 82 and played over fourty one minutes as average and scored 30ppg the best in his career thus far, so what objective criterias you use when you say ''real year'' i assume starting all games in a season playing over 40 minutes and scoring a career best 30ppg would be a player that is already establish in the league.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
If people are going to claim you are second in ranking only to jordan and are ahead of the duncans, magic johnsons, kareems then you shouldnt have to be in the 5th year in the league before you are a first team ALL NBA caliber player . Luka doncic was first team all nba within two years of his drafting, duncan was first team all nba one year in the league

All this tip toeing around the point you really wanna make.

Just say Kobe wasnt as good as Lebron was when they started their careers

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I think 03 was the first real “Kobe” year them other years he was still kinda in Shaq shadow

Nah it was 01. Kobe was leading league in scoring until PJ told him to fall back in the 2nd half of the year to keep Shaq happy. Led the league in jersey sales too. And you seen what Kobe did in the playoffs that year. 03 was his first MVP type year though

Daps
It’s already been stated, but for them first 5 years 1 of those guard spots was always gonna to Jordan or Iverson.

ScottyG

Separate the boys from men
Daps
In the 2002 season kobe played 82 games out of 82 and played over fourty one minutes as average and scored 30ppg the best in his career thus far, so what objective criterias you use when you say ''real year'' i assume starting all games in a season playing over 40 minutes and scoring a career best 30ppg would be a player that is already establish in the league.
You sound autistic as fukk and think you are making a point :dead:

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
He was fetching Eddie Jones Gatorade and clean towels those first couple of years, but the Little Laker boy eventually made a name for himself in the league. Put some respect on his name:ufdup:

B1G_controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Coaches held him back his first 3 yrs

Even in Y3, the Lakers wanted to bring him off the bench but an injury forced the team to start him...he was clearly held back by inept coaches

He held a grudge against Del Harris until the day he tragically died

Ironically, in Y4, when he established himself as a top 10 player, the Lakers won the title