Quitting Cigarettes Challenge

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
I quit just about every other week :to:

That's how I was until I quit for good. Don't remember the exact day but late December/early January will be two years. Just keep at it and keep the mind set you want to quit and you finally will.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
The longer you go without smoking the easier to deal with the cravings are. Everyone is different a lot of people I know that quit say they still get just as strong cravings but they don't last for nearly as long. That's how I was when I first quit but now the cravings are few and far between and when I do get them it's usually passing. Maybe like if I'm home alone and I have a few beers I'll think how nice a smoke would be right now but thats about it.

I also quit smoking weed a month or two after I quit smoking cigs. Now weed I miss a lot more than cigs lol.

HomieSoprano

Whattaya hear, whattaya say?
Daps
Reppin
Northeast Ohio
It'll be 2 years in January for me. Quitting is definitely taxing mentally especially when you always associate it with certain things (food, drive to work or time of the day.) I always had a smoke on the way to work, when I quit I changed my route to work and took a different way. Same with lunch and shyt, cut out the foods that I would normally eat, caffeine/sugar was a trigger too. shyt is crazy how much control it can have over you. After a few weeks on the gum and a few small changes in my everyday patterns/choices, I stopped craving them. Now i cant even stand the smell :huhldup: and wonder why i ever did it. Keep at it, you'll make it through :salute:

Edit: Not to mention them shyts are expensive as hell now! :damn:

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
It'll be 2 years in January for me. Quitting is definitely taxing mentally especially when you always associate it with certain things (food, drive to work or time of the day.) I always had a smoke on the way to work

No bullshyt my cup of coffee and smoke while driving to work was the most relaxing part of my day.

KritNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Costa Rica
I have gone one full week no cigs :salute: I normally only smoke on the weekends when I am drinking and was around my whole family last weekend so I didn't smoke then. The real test is going to come this weekend when I am drinking out with my friends. :lawd: I need to stay strong if I make it through this weekend that will be the longest I have gone with out cigs in 5 years :sadcam:

swimmingpools

strawberry bubblegum
Daps
Not a cig smoker, but a relative of mine who was a smoker for 10 years has stopped smoking for over a year now. You can do it. Good luck on your quitting smoking journey! Its worth it. Money saved, health, etc

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I'm great at quitting....I do it all the time :snoop:

worst thing is when I cave...buy a pack, chain smoke 2, feel disgusted with myself, and toss the rest of the pack :beli:

I've done this twice in the past year :damn: