R. KELLY been signed to RCA for 27 YEARS!!.."I signed my PUBLISHING away..I didnt read the CONTRACT"

hatealot

Banned
Daps
Unless yall missed it, havent yall figured out yet that 95% of the artists
that really pops, new school or old school, really got/get raped.

The more u own & are in control the less the machine is behind u..and the less popularity u get..which means
none of ya nikkas like or listen to them cuz it aint poppin enough.

Thats been the game.
that makes perfect sense from the record label POV, can't believe it took me all these years for me to even make that connection.

imirza

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
to be honest...

i dont think RCA is the one to solely blame in this affair....

for example Chris Brown just renogatiated his contract with RCA and came out with a lovely deal which gives him the rights to a plethora of his Master recordings

the obvious culprit here is his MANAGEMENT at the time :ufdup:

a GOOD MANAGER is suppose to look out for the artists best intrests at all time and excercise all options avaiblable or create opportunities and not just snag what "appears" to be the best thing offered out of desperation...

alot of times these MANAGERS and LAWYERS don't give a fukk as long as they got thier 15% OR 20% CUT they could care less....you're just another "client" in thier stable......

and they sleep well at night knowing YOU have to deal with that burden of the bad deal

Did Chris Brown's renegotiated Contract give him his Master Recordings going FORWARD or even his Back catalog?

critical_temp

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did Chris Brown's renegotiated Contract give him his Master Recordings going FORWARD or even his Back catalog?

Interested to know this too. Either way, if he has the leverage to renegotiate, surely R. Kelly should have earned the same when he was winning grammys and earning big money for the label. Somebody he trusted dropped the ball. Also him, but definitely the people around him.

imirza

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would be very surprised if RCA gave C Brown the rights to his past Master Recordings. That is worth A LOT as Chris has some Huge Hits

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Unless yall missed it, havent yall figured out yet that 95% of the artists
that really pops, new school or old school, really got/get raped.

The more u own & are in control the less the machine is behind u..and the less popularity u get..which means
none of ya nikkas like or listen to them cuz it aint poppin enough.

Thats been the game.
Nah the way the game usually works is the artist gets raped out of the gate. Then when they blow and have some leverage the smart ones then renegotiate with their added power to get more of that money and to try and gain ownership of masters. That's where R Kelly fukked up. R Kelly didn't need his label to get popping due to all of his outside writing and producing. His management team fukked him by not taking advantage of that.

Reality is nobody stays super hot for long periods of time out of a select few. Everybody is looking for the next hot thing. Even artists whose labels stayed raping them saw their popularity decrease after time which is why as an artist you have to take advantage of that hot period to secure your money.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if he can't read how can he write :leostare:

who really wrote all those hits?:leostare:

:leostare:
:dwillhuh:

They said he can’t write, not he can’t speak or doesn’t know words.

Biggie didn’t write it down. :mjpls: Hov didn’t write it down. :mjpls: From what I hear Stevie and Ray didn’t write it down either. :mjpls: