Races, 5K through Half Marathon

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
That's a good pace, especially if you didn't train that much for the race. If you can do 10 at that pace, without a lot of training, you can definitely do 13.1. Time might be a lil' slower if you don't train enough, but you can definitely finish a half marathon.

I did finish the half marathon I ran in January. Its just that I was :dead: at the end. I started out too fast, and I misjudged how long 13 miles really was. My finishing time was just over 2:05, but the last mile took me 13 min. Then once I crossed the line I could barely even walk, and the race volunteers were coming up to me like "Are you OK?" :snoop:.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
JMuMgz6.png

Bronx 10 Mile race today. The 9:00 pace guy passed me just before the end, but I caught up to him and passed him to finish just under 90 min.

I didnt even know they were running until I wanted to go to the park across from yankee stadium and everything was blocked:heh:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I'll probably try a half marathon again next year, but I pretty much ran out of gas at the 11th mile last time I ran one. My split times for today show that my last mile was faster than my average, so 10M seems to be an OK distance for me
q6zBRIK.png
You probably hit the :ohhh::noah: when that man passed you :heh:

Had to kick that shyt up a notch

Nasty_Nate

Each one, teach one...
Daps
Reppin
Coronavirus caused my race to get cancelled. Thinking about signing up for a half marathon in the fall. Maybe the Air Force Half in Dayton, OH in September.