Quasi

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Africa, center of the world.
CrowbCat is a YouTube channel known for his videos criticizing the quality of most anticipated/hyped video games, E3 conferences and video game companies conventions.

A large part of his appeal is the cleverly constructed and interestingly arranged videos he produces. There is no commentary, but the videos always manage to explain themselves rather well. He was even featured on Vice.com's 'YouTube Channel of The Week' last year, in the article 'The YouTuber Who Can Make the Inane Interesting'

And here's this thread's entire raison d'etre: his latest video, a supercut of all the random goings-on at E3 this past week.

As a Black gamer, I tend to be more acutely aware of the racial undertones present in the vast majority of any white-produced online content - more so than the rest of the non-Black subscriber base. So you can imagine my surprise when at 4:06, I heard 'It'.

To me, 'It' has come to mean any number of things that any white person could say at any point that will remind me that in spite of all our shared interests, they are still a white person.

And a quick shoutout to @koven for pushing 'Inherently', too. :salute:

Given enough time any and every white person will eventually say 'It' (See: Pewdiepie, Jontron, Keemstar, or that one Flint, MI Land Bank sales manager that said the water crisis was totally not caused by those 5 white folks charged with ''involuntary'' manslaughter, but instead by "ni**ers not paying [their] water bill").

maxresdefault.jpg

Image: Bayek, the first Black protagonist in a main entry of the Assassin's Creed game series.
The video eventually reaches its conclusion but not without a final jab at 18:12, in which the Black character, Bayek, is stereotyped as another gangster by the use of an old Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas soundbite.

Suffice it to say the predominantly white audience loved the video, and have vocally maligned any dissenters as oversensitive in this new age of ''political ultra-correctness.''

In the end, the Black audience is once again insulted and used as a prop for the hustlers who in the same breath will ask for their likes, subscriptions and support.

Support your own, Brehs.

Last edited:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crowbcat's videos are generally funny. I didn't catch the latest one (posted in OP).

SilverSamurai

All Star
Daps
Trolling CS:GO racists is a beautiful experience :russ:
Put on Plies 100 Years and narcocorridos and they will lose their shyt :mjlol:

punchparity

Rookie
Daps
I hate the "trolling" Internet culture where you have all these losers using "memes" + whatever as a way to spread racism and general stupidity.

You have 12 year olds (or grown-ass adults who grew up like this) running around, using the N-word and talking about "Heil Hitler" because they played game x and some idiots they saw on YouTube decided it to be funny and casual--or worse SMART.