RAGING WILDFIRES BURN in North Bay Area :smh: DEVASTATING losses expected | 40 Confirmed Dead :sad:

chipmarket

Presidential
Supporter
Daps
Any facts on this playa:ohhh::sadcam:
"
“The historic wind event that swept across PG&E service area late Sunday and early Monday packed hurricane-strength winds in excess of 75 mph in some cases,” said PG&E spokesman Matt Nauman.

Facebook page.
“These destructive winds, along with millions of trees weakened by years of drought and recent renewed vegetation growth from winter storms, all contributed to some trees, branches and debris impacting our electric lines across the North Bay,” he added. “In some cases, we have found instances of wires down, broken poles and impacted infrastructure. Where those have occurred, we have reported them to the CPUC and CalFire. Our thoughts are with all those individuals who were impacted by these devastating wildfires.”

PG&E and other large utilities in California have a long history of being found responsible for major wildfires because of inadequate maintenance of their power lines."

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/10/pge-power-lines-linked-to-wine-country

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
Cultivating marijuana is illegal under federal law, though insurance is under the state, legality may be contested. This is why farmers don't qualify for federal relief since metioned in the article. Not to mention all the illegal grow sites with pesticides in the forests they may have aided the blaze. Good luck with receiving money, CalExit.

NPR is running a story on this later today.
The devil's tobacco as my great gram called it :scust:good riddance.

@Orbital-Fetus and drug addicts in their feelings :umad:

Last edited:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Tending To Patients As Her New Home Burns

Julayne Smithson was working an overnight shift in the Intensive Care Unit at the Kaiser Permanente hospital in Santa Rosa, Calif., when massive wildfires started racing through the city. Smithson had no idea how close they were. She was too busy taking care of her patient.

“One of the nurses came up to me and she said, ‘Julayne, I’m sorry, but your house is not going to make it,’” she said.

Smithson, 55, recently moved from Indiana and had just bought the house a few weeks ago. From the hospital window, she could see the flames moving through her neighborhood a block away.

“I was so busy working the last couple of weeks that I didn’t get my insurance, which I never do. I never ever, ever go uninsured,” she said. “I kept saying, ‘Tomorrow, I’m going to do that. Tomorrow, I’m going to do that.’”

Smithson asked a colleague to watch her patient and raced home to try to save a few things.
“I knew I didn’t have much time,” she said. “So I ran inside and I thought, ‘I have to get my nursing documents, because if I’m going to lose everything I own, I have to be able to work, to care for patients.’”

Tending To Patients As Her New Home Burns

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Cultivating marijuana is illegal under federal law, though insurance is under the state, legality may be contested. This is why farmers don't qualify for federal relief since metioned in the article. Not to mention all the illegal grow sites with pesticides in the forests they may have aided the blaze. Good luck with receiving money, CalExit.

:mjlol:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps

:mjlol: