Rand Paul meets with black leaders in Ferguson

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
If Kland Paul wants to be taken seriously he's going to need to forcefully disavow the black voter suppression his party is doing in several states...for starters.
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/rand-paul-cutting-early-voting-dumb-idea

http://pulse.ncpolicywatch.org/2014...rs-on-voter-suppression-calls-it-a-dumb-idea/

Backed by the Supreme Court, Republicans are looking to crack down on early voting. But one of the party’s potential 2016 front-runners doesn’t sound like he’s on board.

“I think it’s a dumb idea to spend a lot of time on Republicans trying to change early voting,” Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul told the Associated Press in an interview published Tuesday. “My position is I want more people to vote, not less.”

Late Monday, the Supreme Court ordered that Republican-backed cuts to early voting will go into effect for this year’s election, despite a ruling by a federal judge that they’re racially discriminatory. The GOP also has cut early voting in North Carolina and in Wisconsin, among other states.

In the AP interview, Paul also acknowledged that many African-Americans think the GOP is trying to make it harder for them to vote.

“I’ve cautioned Republicans, ‘You need to be aware of peoples’ perceptions,’” he said. “If the perception is out there, why don’t you start talking about something good, like restoring peoples’ right to vote?”

Paul’s comments continue his cautious efforts to distance himself from his party on the issue of access to the ballot. Earlier this year, he warned that it would be a mistake for the GOP to go “too crazy” in pushing voter ID, because “it’s offending people.”

:sas2:

He is also seeking to restore voting rights to minorities who have been convicted of non-violent crimes. :sas1:

edit: he probably isnt going to go as far, or say it as directly as you would want, but he isnt with them on the issue.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/rand-paul-cutting-early-voting-dumb-idea

http://pulse.ncpolicywatch.org/2014...rs-on-voter-suppression-calls-it-a-dumb-idea/

:sas2:

He is also seeking to restore voting rights to minorities who have been convicted of non-violent crimes. :sas1:

edit: he probably isnt going to go as far, or say it as directly as you would want, but he isnt with them on the issue.

Yeah, I saw that. I want to see if he continues on it during the primaries and in full swing of the election season and in the debates. And I want to see if he promises to push real legislation about the drug war and the mass incarceration of black males instead of giving it lip service in interviews.

I still don't think I could ever vote for guy who opposes the Civil Rights Act

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's called politics, kinda shocked people are respecting it.. It's done for votes and people to side.. Politicians and give 2 fuks about a ghetto but they do it because they want them in their pocket.

It he wasn't a politician he would not step a foot in a prodominantly black area .. Wisen up people

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
:salute: to Rand Paul. Even if he doesn't mean a word he is saying, the fact he is even openly saying what he's saying is a good thing.

To bad our BLACK president is too much of a coward to open his mouth on the issue.

That's exactly the issue, he doesn't want to be seen as a black president :manny: And now that Holder is going, ain't nobody gonnna mention these issues. :lupe:

CACtain Planet

The Power is YOURS!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
CACness Aberdeen
Yeah, I saw that. I want to see if he continues on it during the primaries and in full swing of the election season and in the debates. And I want to see if he promises to push real legislation about the drug war and the mass incarceration of black males instead of giving it lip service in interviews.

I still don't think I could ever vote for guy who opposes the Civil Rights Act

Do you also hold Hillary Clinton and any of the democratic candidates to this same standard Victor? :usure: