"Ranked, Undefeated Boxers Sent To The Bushes" Thread: Luis Rosa (rest in bushes, 11/10/17)

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
What about the kid Curtis just knocked out? (on the Canelo Kahn card

Patrick Teixeira (26-0 & WBO #10 ranked Middleweight) loses via KO to Curtis Stevens (27-5 & unranked) on May 7th, 2016

Curtis Stevens destroys Patrick Teixeira
PostDateIcon.png
May 7th, 2016 | Post Comment »

1-TeixeiraStevens_Hoganphotos.jpg

By Jeff Aranow:

Veteran Curtis Stevens (28-5, 21 KOs) proved to be too much for previously unbeaten Golden Boy Promotions prospect Patrick Teixeira (26-1, 22 KOs) in stopping him in the 2nd round tonight on HBO PPV from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Stevens, 31, dropped the 25-year-old southpaw Teixeira with a big right hand in the 2nd round. Referee Tony Weeks halted the fight after Teixeira got back to his feet and was still staggering.

In the 1st round, Stevens staggered the tall 5’11” Teixeira with a left hook to the head. Teixeira was able to make it out of the round but he needed to use constant movement to stay out of the way of Stevens, who was looking to take his head off with every punch. Teixeira was using his reach to land shots, but they didn’t have the power on them that he needed to keep Stevens off of him. Stevens showed no respect for Teixeira’s power, and he was able to cut off the ring to nail him with big shots. Teixeira reminded me a lot of Top Rank fighter Gilberto Ramirez, who recently beat Arthur Abraham last month to capture the WBO super middleweight title. Ramirez is taller at 6’2″ than Teixeira, but he has the same long arms and ring movement. Teixeira will need to utilize more movement and jabbing in the future to keep from getting knocked out again by the bigger punchers in the division.

In hindsight, this was far too advanced an opponent for the young Teixeira. Putting him in with a guy that is still capable of beating a lot of fighters in the middleweight division was not a good move. You can argue that Stevens is good enough to beat guys like David Lemieux, who Golden Boy is trying to rebuild to put him in with Saul “Canelo” Alvarez. Before this fight, Teixeira had been facing very weak opposition that was in no way any preparation for what he had to deal with tonight against the hard hitting Stevens. This was baptism by fire tonight for Teixeira.

“The name of the game is to knock people out and that’s what I did tonight,” said Curtis Stevens. “I feel great to get back into the game after my one and a half year break. I really want Lemieux, but I will take whatever I can get. My head is right, and I’m ready to take on whoever.”

“Throughout the fight, I didn’t know if I was winning or losing,” said Patrick Teixeira. “This fight was not how I expected it to go.”

With the victory, Stevens captures the vacant WBC Continental Americas middleweight title.

Curtis Stevens destroys Patrick Teixeira

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
@Newzz we got a new entry

Upset Alert: Andrew Hernandez Outclasses Magomedov

By Jake Donovan, Francisco Salazar

In what has to go down as one of the biggest upsets of 2016, Andrew Hernandez turned in a career-best performance in a stunningly dominant 10-round win over previously unbeaten Arif Magomedov.

Scores were 100-89 (twice) and 98-91 in favor of Hernandez in their middleweight main event battle Saturday evening at Downtown Las Vegas Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The CBS Sports Network-televised headliner was intended as means for Magomedov (17-1, 11KOs) to remain active while in pursuit of a title fight down the road. Hernandez (12-4-1) brought an abrupt end to that dream while living one of his own. The full-time landscaper from Phoenix constantly puzzled his Russian foe, beating him to the punch and always making sure to fire back even when under attack.

An exclamation point was put on the performance in the 10th and final round, when Hernandez floored Magomedov late in the fight and had him in deep trouble as the bout came to a close.

Magomedov was world ranked by all of the major sanctioning bodies, but suffers a major setback in a fight where he was a massive 50-1 betting favorite.

"This fight changes everything for me," Hernandez proclaimed. "He's very good and deserves all of the accolades he's received but I now have my head on straight and I'm focused. My jab was very important tonight. He's very strong but I wanted to fight him inside because I knew he couldn't take it from me. I was very prepared. I think I may have broken my ankle in the fourth round but I kept going. I wanted to finish him, get the knockout, but he's a very tough fighter. He has heart and showed why he has all of those accolades."

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Arif Magomedov (17-0 & WBC #2, WBO #3, WBA #5, and IBF #14 ranked Middleweight) loses via UD to Andrew (11-4-1 & unranked) on May 21st, 2016

1-hernandez-mago.jpg

Andrew Hernandez (R) attacks Arif Magomedov. (Photo: Manny Murillo – RJJ Boxing Promotions)

Middleweight contender Arif Magomedov was expected to win Saturday night and keep his lofty world ranking. Andrew Hernandez, his opponent who entered the bout having lost three of five bouts, must have not received that memo.

Hernandez scored a major upset over Magomedov, dropping the Russian-based fighter in solidifying a one-sided 10-round decision win at the Downtown Las Vegas Events Center.

With the win, Hernandez improves to 12-4-1 (3 knockouts). Magomedov drops to 17-1 (10 KOs).

Magomedov, who entered the fight ranked No. 2 by the WBC, No. 5 by the WBA and No. 3 by the WBO, had not fought since Dec. 12, when he knocked out Jonathan Tavira of Mexico in the seventh round.

Hernandez, who resides in Phoenix, Arizona, stopped Dionisio Miranda after the seventh round of his last bout on Mar. 26 after losing back-to-back decisions to Kyrone Davis and Ahmed Elbiani.

Hernandez, who reportedly weighed as much as 200 pounds in preparation for a cruiserweight bout four weeks ago, did his best work from the outside from the opening bell. Magomedov was able to work from the center of the ring, but Hernandez began to control the action in the third round, effectively keeping Magomedov at the end of his jab and scoring with right hands to the head.

Magomedov attempted to close the distance in the middle rounds and found some success, but Hernandez did not let up, effectively scoring from the outside and keeping Magomedov from sitting down on his punches.

“My jab was very important tonight,” said Hernandez after the fight. “He’s very strong, but I wanted to fight him (on the) inside because I knew he couldn’t take it from me. “

Hernandez, who reportedly has a full-time landscaping job, stunned Magomedov twice during the seventh round, each time landing overhand right hands to the head.

With about a minute left in the final round, Hernandez solidified his lead by hurting and dropping Magomedov with a left-right combination to the head. Magomedov was able to beat the count and was able to finish the round.

All three judges scored the bout in favor of Hernandez: 100-89, 100-89, and 98-91.

“This fight changes everything for me,” said Hernandez, who also does volunteer work in the Phoenix area. “He’s very good and deserves all of the accolades he’s received, but I now have my head on straight and I’m focused.

“I was very prepared. I think I may have broken my ankle in the fourth round but I kept going. I wanted to finish him, get the knockout, but he’s a very tough fighter. He has heart and showed why he has all of those accolades.”

Andrew Hernandez scores upset against Arif Magomedov - Ring TV

Lose to a full time landscaper who was 40lbs overweight just 4 weeks ago brehs:mjlol: