Ranking the 10 Most Disappointing Boxing Performances in 2013

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I agree with them on Sergio against Murray (came back too soon after the JCC Jr fight and delivered just a piss poor performance overall), Alvarez against Floyd (his basically just giving up and accepting that he was going to lose the decision to Floyd was terrible), Donaire against Rigondeaux (pretty much resigned himself to losing at a certain point in the fight like what happened to Alvarez against Mayweather plus Nonito acted like a ho after the fight with all of his excuses) and JCC Jr against Vera (Jr is just lazy and tends to train/perform down to the level of his comp).

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I agree with them on Sergio against Murray (came back too soon after the JCC Jr fight and delivered just a piss poor performance overall), Alvarez against Floyd (his basically just giving up and accepting that he was going to lose the decision to Floyd was terrible), Donaire against Rigondeaux (pretty much resigned himself to losing at a certain point in the fight like what happened to Alvarez against Mayweather plus Nonito acted like a ho after the fight with all of his excuses) and JCC Jr against Vera (Jr is just lazy and tends to train/perform down to the level of his comp).

I've noticed that when athletes comeback from knee surgeries that 1st outing back (if they a fighter) is usually subpar (in other sports depending on what they needed fix, I've seen it take anythnig from 6-12 months to fully recover), even more so when said athlete is in their 30's. So I wasnt that surprised Sergio was horrid vs Murray, but also Murray doesnt really give you anythnig with his style so it made the Sergio look even worse.

Donaire just doesnt look good at the weight and the fact that he fell in love with his power doesnt help either. If anything, barring the last round of the fight his performance vs Darchinyan was alot worse.

Saul Gingerman had no chance vs Floyd, the hype outweighted his actual chances in the fight. His stamina is still questionable, the only thing he had goin for him was his youth and a bit of speed but its nothnig that Floyd hasnt seen before. Floyd just makes good/talented fighters look ordinary

Broner vs Paulie doesnt deserve to be up there IMO.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
mares was the most disappointing fight for me:sadcam:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Some I felt were just bad fights, not disappointing performances. If a fighter gets beat by a better fighter is his performance really disappointing? :patrice:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Some I felt were just bad fights, not disappointing performances. If a fighter gets beat by a better fighter is his performance really disappointing? :patrice:
the way you lose can make it disappointing. some would say alvarez being so much bigger and younger than floyd should have bum rushed him late in the fight once he knew he was behind on points.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
the way you lose can make it disappointing. some would say alvarez being so much bigger and younger than floyd should have bum rushed him late in the fight once he knew he was behind on points.

But those of us that know better, known for a couple of years than Gingerman doesnt have the stamina for that.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
canelo really didnt do as bad as everyone made out.

Exactly, but let some nikkas here tell it, canelo got the ass whipping of the decade. :russ:

As for the thread. Wlad had the most disappointing performance of the year. There's nothing of significance that he showed in his fight with Povetkin. For a guy who had all the advantages in the world he fought the most pussiest fight I've seen in my life. All the dirty tactics and wrestling was just horrible to watch.

Martinez fight with Murray is prolly next. Dude got a gift will that missed knockdown call and looked awful during the fight.

Can't forget Ishe Smith and Carlos Molina. Boxing rings across America should file restraining orders against them two with that abortion of a fight that they gave us. If there ever was a fight that deserved a double KO it was that one.