Rap star Future says he was embarrassed & scared to tell his rap fans that he quit drinking lean

Daps
Grown ass man talking like he's in high school worried about what the popular kids are going to say because he so focused on not being considered uncool.:stopitslime: You drinking lean or not drinking lean is not going to stop anyone from listening to your bangers. I know it's not going to stop me because I fukk with Future's music. Something is really wrong with this.

Daps
That's what puzzled me

If a person consumed as much Lean as Future fronts about, he'd be dead by now.

See Fredo Santana and Pimp C

nikkas fell for the okie doke because they don't know shyt about the things they put into their bodies.
People are a bunch of followers. They want to be cool so they do dumb shyt like fill their bodies up with lean and pop xans like it's nothing because all the cool rappers are doing it. People are that dumb.

Daps
This is bigger than just Future.

This economic environment has created a sick culture that puts talented cats in an impossible situation.

Go against the grain with a positive message and you'll likely go broke.

Follow the culture and contribute to the destruction of your own people, and you might have a shot at pulling yourself and those closest to you out of economic misery.

It's a self-reinforcing spiral downwards. The only way to stop the spiral is to fix the economic situation - everything flows from there.
People don't know what they want. They complain about everything being mumble rap and being about drugs and debauchery but when someone comes out with like you said a positive message they are considered corny. Let's be real.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Grown ass man talking like he's in high school worried about what the popular kids are going to say because he so focused on not being considered uncool.:stopitslime: You drinking lean or not drinking lean is not going to stop anyone from listening to your bangers. I know it's not going to stop me because I fukk with Future's music. Something is really wrong with this.
This is a naive statement. Look at some of the responses in here. Not even about them saying they didnt like his music, period. its mostly them saying why they dont because "he dont do drugs anymore so why he making this music" Which is his exact point. :yeshrug:

Daps
This is a naive statement. Look at some of the responses in here. Not even about them saying they didnt like his music. its mostly them saying "he dont do drugs anymore so why he making this music" Which is his exact point. :yeshrug:
He chooses to make that type of music. If he's not doing lean then rap about something else. He's basically doing what the majority of these rappers are doing which is catering to an image.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
He chooses to make that type of music. If he's not doing lean then rap about something else. He's basically doing what the majority of these rappers are doing which is catering to an image.
Rapping about anything else, means he will make less money. ie, less fans. I agree that now its just an image. But thats where the bag is. I dont do drugs and that aint never stopped me from liking his music and like you, it doesnt bother me that he doesnt use anymore either. We are not everyone though. If everyone was us, he could rap about something else and still get just as big a bag. But we see in this thread itself and know how the world works that we are not everyone. His bag would be smaller for sure. I can fukk with All Da Smoke flow Future cause he only had one bar about using and it was still hot.

Daps
Rapping about anything else, means he will make less money. ie, less fans. I agree that now its just an image. But thats where the bag is. I dont do drugs and that aint never stopped me from liking his music and like you, it doesnt bother me that he doesnt use anymore either. We are not everyone though. If everyone was us, he could rap about something else and still get just as big a bag. But we see in this thread itself and know how the world works that we are not everyone. His bag would be smaller for sure. I can fukk with All Da Smoke flow Future cause he only had one bar about using and it was still hot.
He can definitely rap about something else. Like all the bytches he fukk. Or all the other drugs he potentially takes other than lean. If the beat and hook is hot that is all people care about these days. How do I know? A lot of people I know don't even know what most of these mumble rappers are saying in their songs so somehow he is going to lose a lot of money because of one less drug? But I get what you are saying though.

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
nikkas used to smoke weed and sip a little something and talk about the world around them even if some of it was hyperbole and "creative". That's art. People been doing that in music since time. And when it comes to hip hop, it was always a "Really? You live that life? Says who?" and you'd have to show and prove or have someone co-sign for you at the very least or you'd get your card pulled.

At most some coke was being done (which is a rich mans drug that all celebs partake in) and the Wu was smoking dust blunts

But sipping cough syrup? Nah that ain't hip hop...at no point as a youngin did I ever come to the conclusion that sipping Lean was the route to go and I been listening to the shyt since I was a child.

Cause sipping was never meant to be cool. Its ingrained in culture. Like anything alotta cats ain't do their homework. Once I touched down to the H I understood

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
Hi Tec is still a thing? I thought both Actavis and Hi Tec codeine syrup were discontinued. At least in the US

You can still get promethazine syrup but that's the less important of the two drugs in lean

im not sure you know, but just going by my own observations throughout the months alot of people in LA seem to have hi tec, and only a few plugs still have actavis

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Well since people are so fukk'n stoopid now.
They still believe he actually writes his own songs.
So this whole idea he would fall off is a figment of their imagination. Like the lyrics he writes being his own.
He is still the same voice over rnb cat who found out how to do voiceover rap.

Art Barr
Who writes for Future